Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ACV and Salmon Oil

1. Senior Member

ACV and Salmon Oil

Advertisements
    Anybody incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar or Salmon Oil into their dog's diet? or something similar along those lines for health benefits? I want to hear about it I'm considering options.
  2. Senior Member
    c'mon, SOMEBODY on here has to use some sort of natural supplement for their dog out there. Share
  3. Senior Member
    We use ACV, fish oil tablets and coconut oil. I also do ACV rinses on Sherlock, it's really good for their skin.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    We use ACV, fish oil tablets and coconut oil. I also do ACV rinses on Sherlock, it's really good for their skin.
    oh cool, so both. I just bought some Salmon Oil and recently started that for them. So of course it has dosages on it for dogs. But the ACV, of course, does not. What regimen do you do for ACV for your dog? Like the amount, and then also how you administer it... water or food or straight. And is the coconut oil topical or ingested as well for your pup? And whats its benefits? I guess what is your schedule for all that
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    oh cool, so both. I just bought some Salmon Oil and recently started that for them. So of course it has dosages on it for dogs. But the ACV, of course, does not. What regimen do you do for ACV for your dog? Like the amount, and then also how you administer it... water or food or straight. And is the coconut oil topical or ingested as well for your pup? And whats its benefits? I guess what is your schedule for all that
    I love this article by the whole dog journal about AVC:

1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon per 50 pounds of body weight
    The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar to Dogs - Whole Dog Journal Article

I've added it to his water (but provide plain water as well), and I've also added it to his food.
    The ACV really helps his breath . It's also good for coat, skin digestive health, etc - it balances their pH levels. Both topically and ingested.

Pretty much same with coconut oil, good for skin and coat. I usually give him some to eat and I also rub it on him after he gets a bath. It's also awesome for their pads to keep them moisturized.

Here's an article about coconut oil too!

How Coconut Oil Benefits Your Dog's Health - Whole Dog Journal Article
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    I love this article by the whole dog journal about AVC:

The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar to Dogs - Whole Dog Journal Article

I've added it to his water (but provide plain water as well), and I've also added it to his food.
    The ACV really helps his breath . It's also good for coat, skin digestive health, etc - it balances their pH levels. Both topically and ingested.

Pretty much same with coconut oil, good for skin and coat. I usually give him some to eat and I also rub it on him after he gets a bath. It's also awesome for their pads to keep them moisturized.

Here's an article about coconut oil too!

How Coconut Oil Benefits Your Dog's Health - Whole Dog Journal Article
    awesome!! I knew about Salmon Oil and ACV's good benefits, but hadn't heard about Coconut oil!! I have some reading to do today