Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet fountain

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Pet fountain

Advertisements
    I want to get my kitties a water fountain thing for Christmas. Any suggestions? Any brands that you love/hate?

They're NOT the type to drink out of a stream of water (like the sink or something) so one that has a big stream likely won't work. They like to dip their feet in and lick the water off, or splash it out of the bowl into a puddle and then drink it.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We had a dog-it fountain and the animals loved it, but I was unimpressed by the longevity of the pump in it. I am currently shopping for a new fountain, and haven't settled on one just yet...
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We have had this one for a really long time and the cats love it. Ours do like the water fall on it, but it's gentle and adjustable so it may work for you. I did replace the pump on it about a year or so ago but only because I thought that it had gotten a bit noisy and it bugged me. It worked fine and didn't bother the cats, I just like silence sometimes and I could hear it. Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow

We also have this one and ours love it but the water flow is different and yours may not like it if they don't like the actual stream of water. Drinkwell Pet Fountain

I saw this one at a friends house, it may work for you. They had just gotten it when I saw it and her cat liked it but I don't know anything about it other than that. K&H Cat Clean Flow 80oz Water Bowl
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I had the Fresh Flow and it ended up leaking and causing damage to the wall. I switched to the Drinkwell and the dogs love it. I do have it sitting in a plastic tray now in case this one leaks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    We have had this one for a really long time and the cats love it. Ours do like the water fall on it, but it's gentle and adjustable so it may work for you. I did replace the pump on it about a year or so ago but only because I thought that it had gotten a bit noisy and it bugged me. It worked fine and didn't bother the cats, I just like silence sometimes and I could hear it. Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow

We also have this one and ours love it but the water flow is different and yours may not like it if they don't like the actual stream of water. Drinkwell Pet Fountain

I saw this one at a friends house, it may work for you. They had just gotten it when I saw it and her cat liked it but I don't know anything about it other than that. K&H Cat Clean Flow 80oz Water Bowl

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. Senior Member

Amazon.com: Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain 168oz: Pet Supplies
    Amazon.com: Drinkwell Platinum Fountain Mat, MAT-D2: Pet Supplies
    This is the one we have for our small dogs. Sushi didnt like it at first becuase of the fountain part but now she doesnt have an issue with it. It doesnt splash or anything shes just not good with change.
    We also got this floor mat to go with it and it helps contain spills.
  6. Senior Member
    I thought we neede done also,read the reviews ,went to petco got the one that was recommended ANNDDDD not only was the pump super annoyingly loud,my siamese was petrified of it and actively hiding from it ,,not good,,,good luck to you
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by maxka View Post
    I thought we neede done also,read the reviews ,went to petco got the one that was recommended ANNDDDD not only was the pump super annoyingly loud,my siamese was petrified of it and actively hiding from it ,,not good,,,good luck to you
    It might help to provide the information on which model/brand you had so the OP can keep it in mind as they choose one
  8. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    My cat has this one: Boots & Barkley® Pet Drinking Fountain 50 oz : Target

She loves it. She doesn't like a water fall either, so this works keeping her water fresh.

It was her Christmas present last year
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    It might help to provide the information on which model/brand you had so the OP can keep it in mind as they choose one
    annnd I would have done that if I could remember the name brand,but thanks for the tip that would have been helpful for the op,,I dont think in my case that would have even helped but thats my situation
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Thank you everyone! I'm going to show some of these to Dh and we will hopefully choose one in the next couple days
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast