Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sick kitten

1. Mombie.
    Mombie.

Sick kitten

Advertisements
    One of our kittens came home with a respiratory infection. He was towards the end of it, so we've been giving him the rest of his meds. We took them to our vet yesterday, just to make sure all was well and to get their next set of shots. They both have conjunctivitis and are getting drops. Awesome.

What concerns me in Flynn, who's getting over the infection. Since we brought him home last Saturday, he's been so active. All over the place, playing and just generally happy. After they got home from the vet it was like he was a different cat. Beast, who'd been shy, was now the one who was comfortable and enjoying himself and Flynn would just crawl on someone's lap and lay there. He purrs constantly but just looks like he doesn't feel well. When I realized he had been like that last night and all day today I had DH call the vet. He's been fighting this RI since we got him and it seems odd that all of a sudden he'd be acting like this. They scheduled an appt for tomorrow morning and are going to call early to see if he still needs it.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? I'm not sure how much he ate, since Beast eats with him.

2. Senior Member
    Could easily be because of the shots. It is not uncommon for them to feel a bit off for a day or so after getting shots. Didn't your paperwork from the vet mention that? Lots of times it does so you know not to be too worried and what to look out for.
  3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    They didn't give him shots because he was still getting over being sick. He's scheduled to get them next week.

4. Mombie.
    Mombie.