Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Puppies!

  1. Regular Member
    casunshyne09's Avatar
    casunshyne09 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NAS Whidbey Island
    Posts
    40
    #1

    Puppies!

    Advertisements
    I started a gsd forum, but I wanna hear about and see everyone's puppies! I have an almost ten week old German shepherd puppy, she is a handful! When she turns 3 months I can start taking her to a puppy daycare near me once a week to ware her out, and once she gets her cast off I will start training. Has anyone else started or gone through training with their puppies, how did they do? And how is everyone's potty training journey going?


    Her first cast. Poor baby!
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #2
    I wish I had a puppy
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Katyp's Avatar
    Katyp is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The 'burbs of Motor City, MI
    Posts
    6,254

    #3
    Mine's a year and a half, so still a puppy, but not for long



    I was a stay at home wife when I got him at 12 weeks old, so that made the training process easier. The potty training was so long and difficult though! I'm embarrassed to say he still has the slip up with accidents here and there. Pugs are notoriously hard to potty train. So frustrating.
    Crate training helped the potty training process initially, but then he stated peeing in his crate. I bought a Kong water resistant pad. Moisture just sits on top of the pad. He only had to sit in his mess once and he never peed in his crate again, so that was a great investment.

    Good luck to you!
  4. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    Mine's a year and a half, so still a puppy, but not for long



    I was a stay at home wife when I got him at 12 weeks old, so that made the training process easier. The potty training was so long and difficult though! I'm embarrassed to say he still has the slip up with accidents here and there. Pugs are notoriously hard to potty train. So frustrating.
    Crate training helped the potty training process initially, but then he stated peeing in his crate. I bought a Kong water resistant pad. Moisture just sits on top of the pad. He only had to sit in his mess once and he never peed in his crate again, so that was a great investment.

    Good luck to you!
    Omg he's still so cute!
  5. Senior Member
    Chomper.'s Avatar
    Chomper. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AAFB
    Posts
    2,378
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by casunshyne09 View Post
    I started a gsd forum, but I wanna hear about and see everyone's puppies! I have an almost ten week old German shepherd puppy, she is a handful! When she turns 3 months I can start taking her to a puppy daycare near me once a week to ware her out, and once she gets her cast off I will start training. Has anyone else started or gone through training with their puppies, how did they do? And how is everyone's potty training journey going?


    Her first cast. Poor baby!
    holy crap so adorable. I wanna german shepherddd
  6. Senior Member
    beth2527's Avatar
    beth2527 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    689
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    Mine's a year and a half, so still a puppy, but not for long



    I was a stay at home wife when I got him at 12 weeks old, so that made the training process easier. The potty training was so long and difficult though! I'm embarrassed to say he still has the slip up with accidents here and there. Pugs are notoriously hard to potty train. So frustrating.
    Crate training helped the potty training process initially, but then he stated peeing in his crate. I bought a Kong water resistant pad. Moisture just sits on top of the pad. He only had to sit in his mess once and he never peed in his crate again, so that was a great investment.

    Good luck to you!
    My family has pugs, too. One of the two is still not completely trained. She sneaks behind the couch to go as rebellion for my mom not being home all day. We also have a puggle. I don't have any pictures on my computer. I'd post them if I did.

    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Jenni Penni's Avatar
    Jenni Penni is offline
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,484
    #7
    This is my little guy. He's about two years old now


    "The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    LoveMikeyBear's Avatar
    LoveMikeyBear is offline
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    25,417
    #8
    Here's my pint sized brat puppy. He'll be a year old in December, and Denny is about as big as he's going to get.





    When we first got him this is how tiny he was.



    Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 09-18-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #9
    This was him at a month


    3 months


    4 months


    5 months


    7 months


    Now (8 months)



    Lots of pics. I love sharing his pictures
  10. verabot89
    FruitPunch.'s Avatar
    FruitPunch. is offline
    verabot89
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,644
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    This was him at a month


    3 months


    4 months


    5 months


    7 months


    Now (8 months)



    Lots of pics. I love sharing his pictures


    When on earth did Sherlock become 8 months!?!?!?
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •