Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Freeze dried treats?

1. Senior Member

Freeze dried treats?

Advertisements
    so I've started buying single ingredient freeze dried treats for my pups, mainly from Whole Life and Orijen. Super fun to get them some more exotic protein sources for variety. So the first time I fed them to them a few months ago my one dog immediately spit it out and looked up at me excited waiting for the "real" treat as it seemed... it was like she thought I handed her Styrofoam or something I offered it to her again and she did eat it, and now they both eat it everytime I give it to them and seem to enjoy it... but they're dogs, they eat poop occasionally... ya know??

so my question is... do freeze dried treats have much of a taste to them? Or do they not? I want my dogs to enjoy them. I know that people who feed freeze dried entire meals to their dogs usually rehydrate them before feeding. Should I rehydrate the treats too in order for them to have taste? That would be kind of a pain... and kind of negate the convenience. I don't know... what do y'all do? Should I try tasting them as is to see
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I haven't tried freeze-dried dog treats but I have had freeze-dried mangos. They have a strange texture but I like the taste.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lick one
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm not sure on the treats but we eat freeze dried meals that are rehydrated and they are delicious! You could try rehydrating and see if they like it.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    I haven't tried freeze-dried dog treats but I have had freeze-dried mangos. They have a strange texture but I like the taste.
    ok, so it did have a taste to it then? that's good to know. Maybe there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Lick one
    i'm tempted to! I mean, if i'm going to be spending that much on dog treats they better actually taste like freaking bison