Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Flea Prevention/Treatment for cats

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Flea Prevention/Treatment for cats

Advertisements
    Any recommendations for a flea prevention treatment for my cat? I apologize if that's not the correct term. Thanks in advance!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It may come down to what is readily available (ie distributed by your vet, etc) to you at your location. Revolution and Vectra are two I have used with good results. I have also used Frontline and been happy with it. Are you wanting something you can pick up in a general pet store, are you able/willing to go through your vet or would you prefer mail-order?
  3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    It may come down to what is readily available (ie distributed by your vet, etc) to you at your location. Revolution and Vectra are two I have used with good results. I have also used Frontline and been happy with it. Are you wanting something you can pick up in a general pet store, are you able/willing to go through your vet or would you prefer mail-order?
    Mail order would be great but I know that may not work that well with being in Hawaii, so I'm open to the other options as well. Would the vet on base have these or should I look for an off base vet?

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyatheart86 View Post
    Mail order would be great but I know that may not work that well with being in Hawaii, so I'm open to the other options as well. Would the vet on base have these or should I look for an off base vet?
    You should be fine either buying from the vet (not sure if KBay has the vet there but Hickam's vet clinic is fantastic), the outdoor NEX store carried quite a few brands, and amazon ships most everything - even on Prime to Hawaii My parents and I have always used Advantage for all of our animals - cats and dogs - and it's been the one that works best for us for as long as I can remember.
  5. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Vets are starting to see an overall resistance to Frontline and some resistance to Advantage. I would advise Vectra or if you dont want to do topical Comfortis is also good and its a once a month pill that works wonderfully. I would try to go through vets or 1800petmeds (they will mail it straight to your door) because all of their stock is guaranteed good quality... pet store stuff can be dicey sometimes. If you do get from the pet store avoid Hartz brand at all cost! It has been known to cause serious health issues.

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    You should be fine either buying from the vet (not sure if KBay has the vet there but Hickam's vet clinic is fantastic), the outdoor NEX store carried quite a few brands, and amazon ships most everything - even on Prime to Hawaii My parents and I have always used Advantage for all of our animals - cats and dogs - and it's been the one that works best for us for as long as I can remember.
    There is a clinic here on K-Bay. I'll have to check them out. Everyone keeps telling me I should get Amazon Prime because of the shipping feature. I'll have to look into it!

Sorry for the delay in replying. DH is still gone and my dad just left the other day. Since then, my car broke down and needed a new battery, I fell down 4 stairs in my house and caught a horrible cold on top of everything. Apparently the rule that says everything must go wrong when the service member leaves, also applies to retirees too, since all of that happened two days after my dad left.

7. Senior Member

I use Advantix Multi from my vet. It's topical on the back of their neck once a month, and protects from Fleas, Ticks, Heartworm, and hookworm.