Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppies! ugh. To vent or not to vent.

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Puppies! ugh. To vent or not to vent.

Advertisements
    I know, they're puppies. One puppy wears you out, but 2 three month old 30 pound puppies? Just. yeah.

All week long I've been fielding/separating my Charlie, who is a 3 y/o crabby ass little shih tzu terrier mix, from the puppies. If the puppies get too close to me he goes crazy growling, barking, and biting because I belong to HIM and nobody else is allowed to hang with me. And every time I turn around the puppies are chewing things, furniture, electric cords, stealing socks, shoes, etc. For the most part, I'm on top of it. They actually are pretty good at listening. If I call their name and say no, they drop it and walk away. Then I immediately give them a chew toy to play with. I know it's a process and I know how to do it. Just!

GAAAHHHHH! It's a lot of damn work! lmao. They are seriously wearing me out! BUT, they are learning! We have been "Crating" them in our downstairs bathroom because we don't have a crate big enough, and there is nothing in there that they can tear up. We puppy proofed it. Last night, my husband went to put them down for the night and one puppy was already in there sleeping and the other followed him right to the bathroom went in an laid down! Amazing!

We will get through this! We will succeed! sigh.

They are so damn fluffy and cute too, so that helps a lot! LOL.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Puppies are like having a newborn AND a toddler all wrapped up in one fuzzy little body - they are EXHAUSTING.
  3. Senior Member
    Locking them in a small room isn't the same as crating them. It's better than letting them have free reign of the house, but if you want the crate training benefits I think you need a real crate.

I understand though, puppies are annoying. I was so happy when my dog turned into a dog. He was a perfect angel who never did anything bad, just so much energy! Like god go take a nap or something.
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Locking them in a small room isn't the same as crating them. It's better than letting them have free reign of the house, but if you want the crate training benefits I think you need a real crate.

I understand though, puppies are annoying. I was so happy when my dog turned into a dog. He was a perfect angel who never did anything bad, just so much energy! Like god go take a nap or something.
    Yeah, I don't think I can afford a crate big enough to be honest, much less two of them. And why would it be any different than a crate? IMO, it's not. They have a safe room that is all their own. No one goes in there through out the day. And the door is open all day so they can go into their safe room any time they want. Closed at night so they don't tear up the house.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I can afford a crate big enough to be honest, much less two of them. And why would it be any different than a crate? IMO, it's not. They have a safe room that is all their own. No one goes in there through out the day. And the door is open all day so they can go into their safe room any time they want. Closed at night so they don't tear up the house.
    Because a crate should only be big enough for them to lay in a natural position and turn around comfortably.
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Because a crate should only be big enough for them to lay in a natural position and turn around comfortably.
    Yeah, I understand that, but how is that a "crate benefit". What does that do for them?
  7. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

You can't post a puppy vent without photos of said culprits .
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

8. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    You can't post a puppy vent without photos of said culprits .
    LOL So sorry!

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, but how is that a "crate benefit". What does that do for them?
    The benefits are seen in the housebreaking process, etc as it works with their natural instinct not to urinate/defecate in their den -- any space larger than that allows them to have a "soil" area and a clean area and will not produce the same instinctual elimination training.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Are they going to be kept as house pets or are you wanting livestock guarding dogs for your planned venture with alpacas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast