Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good vibes and prayers needed for my pup

1. home is wherever i'm with you
    home is wherever i'm with you

Sad Good vibes and prayers needed for my pup

Advertisements
    My golden retriever pup might be losing her leg

She broke a toe several weeks ago playing with another dog, and when we took her to the vet they put a cast on her. When they checked the cast and added more padding to it a few days ago, I guess they put it back on too tight because she got necrosis on her leg. I've been away the past few weeks and DF mentioned that she was acting kind of depressed, but we figured it was because she isn't allowed to run around with her cast on. She wasn't whining, and she was still eating but her appetite was a bit less. We had no idea that she was in pain and in so much trouble.

She is at the vet right now and they will be calling DF in the next few hours with their final recommendation.

I feel so fucking terrible. My poor baby has been in pain, and this could have been prevented. I'm a wreck and I just want her to be better

If I were there, I would have realized something was off and taken her in right away - DF just isn't as in-tune with her as I am, and I know he is so upset at himself right now for not taking her in sooner.

Please send your good vibes, prayers, or whatever you've got for her.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Goldens will pretty much never show you they are in pain my Golden had cancer and wagged her tail until the end I'm so sorry and I hope you get good news. I'd be completely livid at the vet since this is their fault for putting the bandage on too tight.
  3. home is wherever i'm with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    Goldens will pretty much never show you they are in pain my Golden had cancer and wagged her tail until the end I'm so sorry and I hope you get good news. I'd be completely livid at the vet since this is their fault for putting the bandage on too tight.
    Seriously, this is what kills me. She must have been in SO much pain and just wasn't really showing it. My friend has been going over to my apartment and letting her outside to help out DF while I'm gone, and she did Facetime yesterday so I could see her. She was wagging her tail and being a sweet girl as usual.
  4. Regular Member
  5. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. That really breaks my heart.
  6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I'm so sorry.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Any updates?
  8. Senior Member
    How is she doing? Is the vet doing anything for you since they were the ones that screwed up?
  9. home is wherever i'm with you
    Hey everyone. Thanks for keeping my pup in your thoughts. I just landed back in honolulu and am waiting to be picked up, then heading straight to the vet hospital. She was evaluated by like 5 different vets and they all agree she needs the amputation. As of now, I don't know a whole lot about what's going on with the vet that put the cast on wrong. I have no idea if we have a case against them or if we can have them repay us for the $2000 it will cost for the surgery. Right now I'm just focusing on making sure she gets better before I start thinking about that. I'm not even sure if we can say it was 100% their fault. If anyone has had any experience with veterinary malpractice (is that even a thing?) please let me know how it worked out for you.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by besos View Post
    Hey everyone. Thanks for keeping my pup in your thoughts. I just landed back in honolulu and am waiting to be picked up, then heading straight to the vet hospital. She was evaluated by like 5 different vets and they all agree she needs the amputation. As of now, I don't know a whole lot about what's going on with the vet that put the cast on wrong. I have no idea if we have a case against them or if we can have them repay us for the $2000 it will cost for the surgery. Right now I'm just focusing on making sure she gets better before I start thinking about that. I'm not even sure if we can say it was 100% their fault. If anyone has had any experience with veterinary malpractice (is that even a thing?) please let me know how it worked out for you.
    I'm so very, very sorry. I have no clue about veterinary malpractice, but I would absolutely be raising hell. If the vet put the cast on too tight and that was the cause, it seems pretty clear cut, but again, I am no lawyer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast