Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dodger's Update Thread...

1. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries

Confused Dodger's Update Thread...

Advertisements
    UPDATE in POST #6

I just figured I needed to talk this out and some of you were asking me how everything is going...

So, back story to catch everyone up... Dodger, my 10 year old pit bull was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer on July 3rd. It was not too advanced so I decided to start him on chemo treatments every Tuesday since then and he has overall been doing really well.

Last week he had some bad reactions to the drug being administered and since then things have been not so great. He has been acting more sick. Before he was same energy and enthusiasm for food and play as he always has been... This past week, however, I have had to spend up to an hour feeding him and getting him to eat his whole meal. I have also added more and more homeopathic treatments and other drugs to help counteract the negative side effects... (He is up to 15 different medications and supplements as well as the homemade special Cancer diet I make him every week). I have also been monitoring his heart due to a slight arrhythmia and limiting his exercise due to a slight cough and quick fatigue

Today he was not able to get his treatment due to his white blood cell levels being too low So that added antibiotics for a week and hopefully he will resume the treatments next week.

All in all, he is his same loving self and a lot healthier then some but its been really hard seeing him going through this. I know a lot of people think a dog is a dog but this dog stole my heart and has been my life for so many years now I dont know what Id do without him. He is my baby. I hate seeing him sick like this. >_< especially since I have worked as a vet tech for so long and have seen so many poor loved pups go through this. It breaks my heart.

Anyways, I will try to get on here and post updates on this thread and will update the title with newest update post number. You'r support and love is greatly appreciated.

Me and my baby boy:
    Last edited by Loved&Loving; 08-28-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    for you and for Dodger
  3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

He's so adorable. I don't know squat about chemo but isn't it supposed to, or at least known to cause lethargia and appetite loss? so what he is going through right now is to be expected? And then he is going to bounce right back and be all better soon! I know it must be hard on both of you, he knows you love him and you guys will get through this!
  4. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    for you and for Dodger
    Thanks. from both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post

He's so adorable. I don't know squat about chemo but isn't it supposed to, or at least known to cause lethargia and appetite loss? so what he is going through right now is to be expected? And then he is going to bounce right back and be all better soon! I know it must be hard on both of you, he knows you love him and you guys will get through this!
    Thanks He is my handsome baby boy. Yeah it is pretty normal but the blood work levels are what really scares me... also the fact that he went from not showing any side effects for a month and a half to severe side effects overnight scared me. Also I know its all typical but I hate seeing him like this. Sometimes I wonder if it is fair to put him through it but then he has a good day and I feel better about it. I guess being a vet tech and knowing all the things that could go wrong doesnt help lol I just need to continue taking deep breathes and reminding myself that its over half way done.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I hope he gets better asap! He is so precious. I can't imagine what you're going through. My furbaby is so important to me.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  6. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Dodger didnt even want to go on a walk today. So we had a lazy day of cuddling. He put himself to bed early after eating dinner. I didnt have to force feed him so thats at least better. One of the new medications I am administering via subcutaneous shot so as not to upset his stomach further and he HATES me having to poke him at home. The look he gives me is so sad.
    Tomorrow I get another day off of work so Im glad I have this time to watch him and make sure he is feeling better.

7. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedreamery View Post
    I hope he gets better asap! He is so precious. I can't imagine what you're going through. My furbaby is so important to me.
    thanks. He is for sure not doing too great right now but I think the medications are starting to help. I love that dog with all of my heart!

8. Regular Member