Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just a quick walk "around the block"

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just a quick walk "around the block"

Advertisements
    - Poor Yahzi, Friday night I decided to take her out for a quick ride. We've been working on some herd-sour issues with both her and Aero (we had it pretty well addressed, but then had a relapse with the week long separation that came with fair week), so we've been taking one or the other of them out pretty much every night recently which gives them both a chance to work through their separation issues.
    We had a bit of a breakthrough and she was doing so well that I decided to go ahead and extend the ride further than we had been doing - I thought, "Hey, we'll just go ahead and go *around the block*". So, we rode -- and rode -- and rode.....the thing about living out in the middle of nowhere is that going around the block is no small matter. We made the little loop (took the equivelant of the "alley" btween the two major county roads) so it was quite literally the shortest possible route you can take to leave our house traveling in one direction and return from the other, and there came a point where I was questioning the wisdom of my decision as much as she was. We FINALLY made it home - over an hour later, just as DD was saddling up to come looking for us.
    So, yesterday I got curious about just how far we had gone - took the same route in the truck and it clocks in at 4.9 miles Poor old girl, no wonder she acted like she thought I was trying to kill her.
    On the upside, she had a farrier appiontment the next morning and she was too tired for any of her usual antics (she's 10000% better about it now than when we got her, but can still be a bit of a pill) -- even the farrier made comment about, "Someone must have worn her out yesterday."
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    On the upside, she had a farrier appiontment the next morning and she was too tired for any of her usual antics (she's 10000% better about it now than when we got her, but can still be a bit of a pill) -- even the farrier made comment about, "Someone must have worn her out yesterday."
    Now that is a good unexpected consequence!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I used to take my pony out on 10 mile hacks sometimes and he'd be totally exhausted by the time we got back. took us 3.5 hours

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."