Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kitten Food Suggestions

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Kitten Food Suggestions

Advertisements
    We just started fostering kitties out here Yesterday we came home with a roughly six week old kitten and a 2-ish year old big old black cat. The black cat was previously in a foster so the animal organization was ale to tell me what food she had been on so I could keep her on it.

The kitten, however, was picked up a few days ago by a vet tech who then passed the kitten onto the organization yesterday for the adoption event and the animal foster/adoption organization didn't know what he had been eating with the vet for the week. He has HORRIBLE gas It is just god-awful, smell him from another room bad. We haven't had him for even 24hours yet but I need to find something that will not make him stink as bad. The organization sent us home with just plain Iams kitten food but I'm thinki he may need a higher quality food, possibly? The last time I had a kitten was four years ago and Boomer was way younger and still needing to bottle feed so we just transitioned from milk replacer to whatever brand kitten food, I can't remember but I do know he didn't smell bad like this.

And here's a picture of Wyatt and 'Baby Kitty' Honestly we'll see if this little guy actually stays as only a foster because he's so good with Wyatt already and Wyatt is just in love.

Sorry it's so fuzzy, iPad pic and Wyatt and Baby Kitty had just about had enough of Wyatt by the time this picture was taken.
  2. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

This is the kitten food we have used for the last several kittens we have had. My adult cat Ruby (who will be in Hawaii this week!) still enjoys it. This is what the shelter and the rescue group recommended.

Amazon.com: Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Babycat 34 Formula, 3.5-Pound Bag: Pet Supplies

3. Senior Member
  4. Senior Member
    Okay...for serious though....he may just be destined to be a stinky kitty. I'm no expert by any means...but I have two kitties that we've had since kitten stage.

Leia...now 3 years old...was about 2-3 months when we got her...she never had gas (at least none that we could smell)...her poop was never incredibly wrank either...I mean, smelled like shit...but not out of the norm.

Greycie I think was 6-8 weeks when we got her...she's now about 7 months...that little shit can clear a room...fast. They're all silent...but deadly...very deadly. We've tried switching up her food...eating times, etc. Her poop is also pretty bad....really, really stinky. People have told me it may just be part of her being a kitten and that it'll go away as she ages, but I find that hard to believe since Leia never stunk as bad as she does.

As far as food goes...we typically stick to Purina or Purina One brands. Right now Greycie is on Purina Kitten Chow and Leia is on Purina Healthy Weight. They get two half scoops of that, then half a can of wet food (Purina Pro Plan) for dinner. We've also tried Science Diet. Leia can be picky..she only likes wet food from Science Diet, not dry food...odd because she's on the heavier side and is picky. She's actually gone from almost 15 pounds to just under 12.