Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy!

1. Senior Member

Puppy!

Advertisements
    DH and I just reunited after i PCSed a month after him (paperwork -.-). However, since I've gotten here he has had to work a ton! So, we decided to get a puppy! Our little fellow should be here by next week! We found out, though, it isnt that easy to find a dog, let alone a puppy, in Germany for under $400 (that is actually a lot lower than most we found!). Thankfully we found a rescue in a country close to us tho! We can't decide what to name the little guy tho. Anyway, just thought I would share my excitement with you guys! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Pics? Breed(s)? Age?
  3. Senior Member
    I was definitely going to suggest rescue. We are rescuing a dog from Spain for less than 400. not a puppy though. anyway, congrats!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Also - when did you get married? Is your husband now the fiancé/ex-fiancé you posted about before?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Also - when did you get married? Is your husband now the fiancé/ex-fiancé you posted about before?
    Hope not, for her sake.

Congrats on the puppy OP! They're a loooot of work though, definitely showed me I'm not ready for kids My pup is 9 months old and wakes me up everyday between 5 and 6am to go potty, he's adorable though so I forgive him
  6. Senior Member
    The puppy is a brindle spanish greyhound mix He is 5 months old. I have a pic but its in a strange format that wont upload. I am so excited! We also got him from spain! I have a dog back home in the states. He is a hound dog/st.bernard. But hes afraid of his own shadow haha I wanted to bring him but hes afraid of the dark and being alone so I didnt have the heart to put him through the plane ride to Germany. Plus, we live in an apartment here, and he is simply too big for apartment life. So DH and I decided to leave him with my grandma (he has lived there his whole life with me). Plus, it gives her some protection since she is living by herself now. But when we go back to the states, I am so excited for our "sons" to meet each other!
  7. Regular Member
    If you mention puppy, I need pictures. Because.... puppy!
  8. Senior Member
    We will hopefully have him by the end of next week. I will definately post pictures!
  9. Senior Member
    aw that's awesome. we're actually getting a spanish greyhound (galgo) too! I was too afraid to get a puppy though. too much work. what part of Germany are you in?
  10. Senior Member
    Aww puppy! Yes yes pictures!

I have a nearly-9 month old (wow can't believe she's that old already!) Scottish Terrier mix who is snoozing on the sofa next to me right now! She made it from NC to Germany on the plane just fine so don't worry about your little guy when the time comes

As another PP said - where in Germany are you? Let's have a puppy meet up! Heidi needs some friends to play with.

ETA: Just wanted to add a pic of my pup playing with an apple sauce cup. They're just like kids, I hear. You buy them fancy toys and the package is more fun.

all of time and space
    anywhere and everywhere
    every star that ever was
    where do you want to start?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast