Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hurt Eye

1. Senior Member

Hurt Eye

Advertisements
    Maybe I'm overreacting, but I've been crying for the past 15 minutes. My husband doesn't always think before he acts and decided it was a good idea to play fetch with his hard physical therapy ball. He accidentally hit my jack russell terrier in the face with it (I wasn't there, just what he told me), and now he can't even open one of his eyes. It's extremely red and when he can open enough to squint, he's not even tracking He also isn't sleeping well. He keeps moving and I'm not sure it it's a headache or something worse

Someone please tell me he'll be okay. I'm thinking worst case scenario, like he's going to lose sight in that eye or he has brain damage. He looks so miserable His "good eye" is still red and the other he isn't even opening. He has plenty of toys; I don't get why DH would think it's okay to play fetch with that...
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

1) a vet trip never hurts

2) Sometimes dogs do lose vision in one eye (our neighbor dog was playing with it's "brother" and lost an eye), but they turn out fine

3) My DH once threw a tennis bowl for our dog at the park, and hit an older dog IN THE EYE. It was AWFUL. I still feel bad. It was completely unintentional, but I felt so bad. Try to forgive yourself and your DH, it wasn't malicious.

4). I hope your dog is okay!
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I hope your pup is okay, sweetie! Poor little puppy! Like HisLobster said, it couldn't hurt to take him to the vet.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Senior Member
    Thank you. I'm definitely taking him in tomorrow but didn't know if it was urgent enough for an after hours visit. I'll probably be awake all night watching him. He is sleeping now under the covers like he normally does.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

It's good he's showing normal behavior. I hope the check up tomorrow goes well