Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dodger Update

1. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries

Nutts Dodger Update

Advertisements
    Im exhausted.

So my baby boy Dodger was diagnosed with Lymphoma on July 3rd. He got an ultrasound that day and it has spread to his spleen so we were anxious to get him started on treatments as quickly as possible.

We set up an appointment for a consult and first treatment on Tuesday with a great traveling oncologists in the area. I got a voicemail at noon while at work on Monday (my bday) that they had made a mistake and had me down for just a tech appointment and that the treatments couldnt start until a consult had been done with the Dr. I was so heartbroken because he didnt have any openings for consults when he was going to be in town on Tuesday. So I played phone tag with multiple people (all while trying not to cry ) and figured out he was an hour away and had an opening at 1... Ended up driving him an hour away for the consult and keeping the tech appointment on Tuesday for his first treatment. He really doesnt like long car rides so the hour drive there, hour visiting with the dr, and hour drive back was NOT fun at all.

BUT he got his consult (best bday present I could ask for) and had his first treatment yesterday. He didnt like it at all and was very clingy and needy afterwards. He also started a round of prednisone last night which has him acting off too. Yogi seems really weirded out by the whole thing too. I just want my healthy jumpy love bug back. Thank god for pet insurance... Who I got to play phone ring a round the rosey with for quite a while figuring out how much our policy will cover...

On top of all of the stress concerning him, I woke up yesterday to find one of our chickens had died during the night (probably of old age) and had to deal with that. Needless to say, with all this stress and everything, I am full blown sick now. I hate being sick. Probably my sinuses again. Will probably have to get antibiotics. UGH!

His next treatment is next Tuesday... Im going to have to drop him off before work and pick him up at lunch or after work I hate making him sit in a cage all day but my bosses have already been amazing about me having to up and leave work so much and the oncologist and his techs are only here on Tuesdays. I feel like ripping all my hair out. Thank you all for all of your support on here, FB, instagram, everywhere. Idk what Id do without supportive people like you guys.

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

that is so much stress. You are an amazing fur-mom. I hope he starts feeling better, soon! I'm sorry about your chicken
  3. Senior Member

to you and your pup

4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

Do you know if its B cell or T cell lymphoma? What protocol are they using (Wisconsin, COP, CHOP or R-CHOP?). I hope it all ends up well!
  5. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    that is so much stress. You are an amazing fur-mom. I hope he starts feeling better, soon! I'm sorry about your chicken
    It is and thank you. Id do anything for him. I hope so too! The chicken was older and had stopped laying a while ago so I knew she was going to be getting too old for us sooner or later its just on top of everything else... right now wasnt the ideal time... then again, no time is ideal for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    to you and your pup
    Thank you I will take all the I can get

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post

Do you know if its B cell or T cell lymphoma? What protocol are they using (Wisconsin, COP, CHOP or R-CHOP?). I hope it all ends up well!
    We would have to do a bone marrow biopsy to determine B or T and the oncologist said that he would advise the same treatment for both so we are doing L-CHOP first and waiting to see if the biopsy is needed. I wanted to do it because I will do whatever it takes but he is suggesting to hold off for now.

6. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    I love seeing his face on Instagram
  7. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatchbell322 View Post
    I love seeing his face on Instagram
    Your comments make me There is nothing that dog loves more than hamming it up for the camera