Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norfolk area vet

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Norfolk area vet

Advertisements
    For those that live in the Norfolk area, what vet do you use? How is their pricing? We still have about a month before we get our puppy, but I'd like to do as much research as possible ahead of time. I've been looking up places online, but I'm always skeptical with the reviews I read. I never know if it's someone working for them that's saying all the "GREATEST VET EVAAAAAR " reviews and whatnot

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member

Sajo Farms in Virginia Beach.

I've tried a number of vets around here and not been thrilled with them.
    They take great care of my dog, but they are a little pushy with stuff like prescription diets. But if you say no, they will listen to you.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Sajo Farms in Virginia Beach.

I've tried a number of vets around here and not been thrilled with them.
    They take great care of my dog, but they are a little pushy with stuff like prescription diets. But if you say no, they will listen to you.
    The bolded is what I care about I can deal with someone being an ass, as long as they do their job and have a clean office, etc.
  4. Senior Member
    I haven't been to any specifically in the Norfolk area. My dog's vet is in the VB area--Independence Vet Hospital at the Independence/Pembroke intersection. They were able to get us in the quickest than other vets I had contacted when she broke out in a rash. They also followed up with a couple of phone calls to make sure the meds they had prescribed were working and she was doing better.
    I don't remember their prices, my focus was on my dog's health rather than my bank account. I don't remember having a "sticker shock" at the price though, so I must've thought at the time they were reasonable & in line with other prices I've been charged.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a Norfolk one since it'll be closer for you.
  5. Moderator

It's a drive from Norfolk, but for years we used General Booth Vet in Va Beach. General Booth Veterinary Hospital, VA

Since my exDH got custody of the dog, he still takes him there, as well as his new dog. They have a great staff and do excellent work.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I guess I should have clarified I consider VA Beach/Chesapeake "Norfolk area". A 30 minute drive is nothing for us

Thanks everyone! I'm looking up all of your suggestions
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    The bolded is what I care about I can deal with someone being an ass, as long as they do their job and have a clean office, etc.
    It's not that they're rude. They're really nice. And do fun stuff like free photos with Santa. But they are also running a business and you just need to do your research.

8. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I guess I should have clarified I consider VA Beach/Chesapeake "Norfolk area". A 30 minute drive is nothing for us

Thanks everyone! I'm looking up all of your suggestions
    Some of the bases have vets too that are pretty cheap.

We wanted a good vet that also had emergency services. I wish we had an office that good here in middle of nowhere Beaufort.
  9. Senior Member
    I really liked Acredale in VB.
  10. Senior Member
    When my cat had an emergency... I took him to an emergency vet on..... Jeez, what was the name, it was the only animal emergency vet in Virginia Beach at midnight on the same road as the Pembroke Mall (Found the name....Bay Beach Vet) They were good but pricey. Then again, what emergency isn't?

Beach Pet Hospital was good too but pricey. And they offered me little solution except surgery or put the cat to sleep.

So I went to Acredale Animal Hospital, we heard about them from a Maltese breeder. And they not only have reasonable prices but offered me options when the two other vets were willing to quit and put our cat to sleep.

I'm so grateful for that because three years later, my cat is still alive.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast