Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good vibes for Precious.

1. Senior Member

Sad Good vibes for Precious.

Advertisements
    Precious is my roughly 10 year old cat. At her annual check up in May it was discovered that she has hyperthyroidism. She was prescribed meds and has been receiving them 2x/day for the past month. On Thursday I had noticed she lost some weight and I wasn't sure if she was eating so I isolated her from the other three cats so I could monitor her eating and drinking. She wasn't eating or drinking. When I came home from work on Saturday it had smelt like poop in the bathroom she's in and I didn't see any in the litterbox so I checked everywhere for it. It was underneath of her, she pooped herself. Half of the poop was a black tar and the other half was kind of normal looking. So off to the emergency vet we went. After waiting forever there (we left after 6 hours of being there) she had gotten blood work done, gotten fluids, and a shot of pepcid. They said her blood work was normal. When I looked at her blood work though her ALT was 200 when it says a healthy range is up to 100, and her monocytes were high also--I just can't remember the number right now. They told me to give her 1/4 of a tablet of pepcid once a day to help with the acid/her appetite. She was down to 5.79 lbs.

She had her follow up appointment today at our normal vet and she was down to 5.13 lbs. She was 8 lbs in May. They decided to do an x-ray and it showed a mass next to her bladder. The vet isn't sure if it's her uterus that may be enlarged/infected or if it's cancer. He asked me if it was cancer if I wanted to do chemo and I told him no. He then said that once she's sedated and he's in there that he'll call me with what it is because if it is cancer I have to make the decision of whether or not to wake her up from the surgery or have her euthanized while she's under sedation.

DH is so close to being home. I wish he were here to make these decisions. I've had her since I was 12 or 13 and she's been with DH since 2009. He LOVES her. She absolutely LOVES him.
    Hopefully it's just her uterus and he'll be able to take it out and that will be it. We could just really use some good vibes and thoughts that it's not cancer.

2. Senior Member
    I know how hard it can be to make "that " decision on your own,,good vibes for you,,,I hope you get the news that you want
  3. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry, that sucks to go through on your own
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm sorry I hope it's just her uterus and you get to be with her for a while yet.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

7. Senior Member
    Update: It was her uterus. The vet called it pyometra. She's home now and is sleeping. Her liver was discolored so I okayed them to do a biopsy to be 100% sure, I'll know the results in about a week. She's on an antibiotic 2x/day for three weeks, pain medicine for one week and her regular thyroid medication. I'm so happy that it wasn't more serious.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm so glad that it was just her uterus! I hope she feels better soon!
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedreamery View Post
    I'm so glad that it was just her uterus! I hope she feels better soon!
    Thanks, me too! She hasn't wanted to drink or eat anything yet so if she doesn't drink tomorrow I will be calling the vet since that's not good. :/

10. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast