Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hemangiosarcoma ?? (graphic photo possibly)

1. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Always together no matter the distance <3.

Confused hemangiosarcoma ?? (graphic photo possibly)

Advertisements
    ok, my cat had a tumor removed and biopsy. It came back Hemangiosarcoma, a vet doc I don't usually see told me the results. The vet doc that sees my cat wasn't there.
    "Hemangiosarcoma is a malignant cancer of the cells that form blood vessels. Because these tumors start in blood vessels, they are frequently filled with blood. Consequently, when a blood-filled tumor ruptures, it can cause problems with internal or external bleeding. Hemangiosarcoma is considered to be a very aggressive tumor and can spread rapidly to other organs"
    They couldn't remove all of it without damaging her leg nerves. She is 9 years old. The vet had stated something about amputating her leg. I really don't want to do that. This is rarely found in cats. So I'm asking if anyone has been through this or not. Can give me in site possibly..... I have to wait until friday before I hear from the vet doc that actually works with my cat.

has anyone experienced this kind of tumorous spots on their pets etc??

2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Hemangiosarc is much more common in dogs and cats, but does occur. What do you want to know about it?
  3. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Hemangiosarc is much more common in dogs and cats, but does occur. What do you want to know about it?
    well, I know the surgeon said he couldn't remove it all because of the location. Is it really worth the amputation, I mean she is 9 yrs old. I don't want to put her in pain. Is it a painful tumor? how fast does it spread?? Do you know the chances of it coming back if they remove the full tumor from her leg?

4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamariee View Post
    well, I know the surgeon said he couldn't remove it all because of the location. Is it really worth the amputation, I mean she is 9 yrs old. I don't want to put her in pain. Is it a painful tumor? how fast does it spread?? Do you know the chances of it coming back if they remove the full tumor from her leg?
    Where was the tumor? Was it in the musculature? The bone? The peritoneal cavity? An organ? Just the skin? Has it invaded the muscle?
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Also have they done metastasis checks aka- fine needle aspirates of local lymph nodes, and/or chest radiographs?
  6. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Where was the tumor? Was it in the musculature? The bone? The peritoneal cavity? An organ? Just the skin? Has it invaded the muscle?
    in the first photo it has < > that is the tumor. It was right underneath her left leg. It wasn't bone. I know the vet said it was affecting her lymph nodes. The surgeon himself said that it had nerves all in it so i'm not 100% on how to say was it in? He couldn't get it all because if he did it would damage her leg due to the nerves being in it i believe. I will learn more when my actual vet doc calls friday

7. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Also have they done metastasis checks aka- fine needle aspirates of local lymph nodes, and/or chest radiographs?
    I believe they have done something with the lymph nodes. as for chest radiographs not yet. I was just told the tumor was hemangiosarcoma today. so i'm not 100 percent what to expect or anything.

8. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    i also can't get her to stop laying in her cat box now!!! so she keeps getting the paper in her wounds.... :/ i went to see if she could get stitches out today and that was a no; she managed to pop a few! I don't even know how she is in a cage and not allowed out until it heals.