Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Good PSA about 4th and pets

1. Free!
    Free!

Good PSA about 4th and pets

Advertisements
    Bombs bursting in air: July 4 nightmare for dogs

I know both my dogs freak at loud noises but they at least don't try to hurt themselves.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

My dogs don't even react to fireworks now with all the stadium & Sea World fireworks that go off around here

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just took Scout out and had to take her in because she stood in one place with her paw up shaking from fireworks that were going off.
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Awesome to post this!
    Side story: At the shelter, on the night of the fourth, we always had to set up about 60-70 temporary holding kennels for dogs and cats because they would run away from the noise. The last year I was there, we did 40 extra and came in to an animal control officer standing there with a dog on a leash because he didnt have a place to put him. There was also a line at the door for people waiting to reclaim their dogs. It was really sad but I was happy that most of them went home!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Our kittens hate thunderstorms, so I'm worried about them today. Our base is having the 4th of July celebration today with fireworks tonight. I've set up their beds in our laundry room which is an interior room and we've put a blanket up on the inside of the door to help "sound proof" it so hopefully, they'll be ok. Only one is over a year old, and she had our cat that we lost last fall to curl up with and help keep her calm.
  6. Banned
    Banned

Max likes to stay inside on the 4th underneath a blanket, and we don't let our cat outside on the 4th/NYE/Halloween. Too many sickos.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My dog is trembling in my lap. Has anyone ever tried the Thundershirt? I've read good reviews, but I don't know anyone IRL that has tried it.
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Sadly here it's me that doesn't like them more than the dog, too loud.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by nightingail View Post
    My dog is trembling in my lap. Has anyone ever tried the Thundershirt? I've read good reviews, but I don't know anyone IRL that has tried it.
    My vet in Ohio highly recommended them, she had an older small dog and he didn't like storms, loud noises or traveling in the car. Once she started using the thundershirt, he had no problems at all. Before he started wearing it, he would be a bit timid and trembling when I would see him at her office. When he had it on, he was very friendly and outgoing.

My kittens did ok last night. We were at the park for the fireworks and they were agitated when we got home but mostly just vocal and then clingy. They both slept under our bed last night and have calmed down now.