Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitten help

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Kitten help

Advertisements
    So I just found these two super itty bitty baby kittens under my house. I don't think they are any more than a day old and I have no idea what to do with them. Advice? Keep in mind it's 7pm here, so vets/shelters are closed.

Also, one of them pooped stuff that looked a lot like egg yolks. Is that normal?

I Eelizah
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    So I just found these two super itty bitty baby kittens under my house. I don't think they are any more than a day old and I have no idea what to do with them. Advice? Keep in mind it's 7pm here, so vets/shelters are closed.
    Have you seen momma around? If so I would put them where you found them and check on them before you go to bed, in the mean time go get some kitten milk replacer or goats milk and a bottle. NOT cow's milk their systems usually can't handle it.
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Their poop is supposed to me kinda soft, and even kinda yellowish in color. So it may be normal to look the way it did(the poo) I've dealt with tiny baby kittens before, and got mu current cat kinda tiny.

They need milk every 2 hours or so, and they need to be kept warm... They can't regulate their body temperature yet. So to warm is bad, and too cold is bad... You will need kitten milk, bottles, and also once they eat rubbing their little tummies close to their bums. Will help them potty. If they still had their mother their mother bathing them would message them while cleaning them to help.

Do you have the means and time to care for them every few hours? Since that is what they will need to live..
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MeldaMegildur View Post
    Have you seen momma around? If so I would put them where you found them and check on them before you go to bed, in the mean time go get some kitten milk replacer or goats milk and a bottle. NOT cow's milk their systems usually can't handle it.
    I heard a cat sort of screeching this morning when I was leaving for work. I haven't seen or heard it since. I'm afraid of leaving them alone Do cats usually leave their babies alone for a little while after they give birth?

I Eelizah
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeldaMegildur View Post
    Checking on them later won't work, but it would be a good idea to let mamma kitty do her thing if she's around. Just don't expect to for sure find them again. Mamma will more than likely move them now that the spot they were in has been "compromised". That is because Mamma kitty won't feel safe leaving them where something can get to her babies. It's a survival thing, and them smelling like human will not make mamma feel comfortable leaving them in the same area for long..
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    Their poop is supposed to me kinda soft, and even kinda yellowish in color. So it may be normal to look the way it did(the poo) I've dealt with tiny baby kittens before, and got mu current cat kinda tiny.

They need milk every 2 hours or so, and they need to be kept warm... They can't regulate their body temperature yet. So to warm is bad, and too cold is bad... You will need kitten milk, bottles, and also once they eat rubbing their little tummies close to their bums. Will help them potty. If they still had their mother their mother bathing them would message them while cleaning them to help.

Do you have the means and time to care for them every few hours? Since that is what they will need to live..
    No, not at all. That's why my first choice would have been to take them to my vet or something. I don't know anyone else who can do it either

I Eelizah
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I heard a cat sort of screeching this morning when I was leaving for work. I haven't seen or heard it since. I'm afraid of leaving them alone Do cats usually leave their babies alone for a little while after they give birth?
    She would of only left for a little while if she was hungry. Mamma wouldn't of been far, but yes it's possible she could of walked away for a short while. Since she'd need to find water and food. Other than that though she wouldn't of been gone for too long.
  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    No, not at all. That's why my first choice would have been to take them to my vet or something. I don't know anyone else who can do it either
    I can I'm not far from you. I could care for them over night, and find them a shelter tomorrow. That would be my only option unless I could foster them through the shelter(I 'd look into that as well).. Either way I could care for them for now, and I wouldn't mind meeting up to get them..
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    Checking on them later won't work, but it would be a good idea to let mamma kitty do her thing if she's around. Just don't expect to for sure find them again. Mamma will more than likely move them now that the spot they were in has been "compromised". That is because Mamma kitty won't feel safe leaving them where something can get to her babies. It's a survival thing, and them smelling like human will not make mamma feel comfortable leaving them in the same area for long..
    If momma is around the she can take care of them. I just don't know if she is. I found them on opposite ends of my house so it seems like they've been alone for a while.

I Eelizah
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    If momma is around the she can take care of them. I just don't know if she is. I found them on opposite ends of my house so it seems like they've been alone for a while.
    Poor babies! Their chances for surviving without mamma outside is slim to none too if they were put back outside and mamma wasn't around...

I dunno the babies only chance without mamma is a shelter or a foster home with someone(s) that can care for them like clock work....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast