Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Natura (Innova/EVO/etc) pet food recall

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Natura (Innova/EVO/etc) pet food recall

Advertisements
    I think quite a few people here feed Innova and EVO (there are other brands but those seemed the most popular) so this might affect some of us! Check your pet's food if you feed any of these brands, this is a large recall ... there are good resources on the company webpage but they're links so you have to click it.

Voluntary Recall Information – Natura Pet Products

Dear Natura Family,

We have some sad news to share. We are announcing today a voluntary recall of all Innova, California Natural, EVO, Healthwise, Mother Nature and Karma branded dry pet food and biscuit/bar/treat products with expiration dates prior to June 10, 2014.

We made this decision in part due to a single positive Salmonella test by the FDA on product manufactured April 3. Normally, this would have resulted in retrieval of product manufactured over just a few days. However, we are taking the additional precautionary measure to recall all products in the marketplace. Our first priority is the wellbeing of the pets we serve.

Our decision allows us to ensure that all products available in the marketplace were produced after June 10, the date when we implemented additional finished product testing procedures with the guidance of industry experts.

Below this message you will find instructions on how to request a replacement voucher or refund. If you have any further questions, please contact us at Contact Us for Organic Dog Food, Healthy Cat Food and Other Pet Food Topics – Natura Pet Products or (800) 224-6123.

We are truly sorry. We know this news disappoints you; we are disappointed too. Natura will always focus on high-quality ingredients, product safety and innovation in pet nutrition. We remain committed to making products you can trust.

Sincerely,
    Employees of Natura Pet Products
    Locating the Expiration Date

Please use the guides below to locate the expiration date on your product.
    Innova
    EVO
    California Natural
    HealthWise
    Product Replacement Information

Download this form to request a replacement voucher or refund.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    thanks for this, I was going to run to the vet yesterday to get EVO, and ran out of time - it would have sucked to have to take it back it is a 45 minute drive each way.
  3. Senior Member
    This is apparently one of many recalls they've had. I work at petsmart and a manager said 4 in the last 3 years or something.
  4. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Yeah they have been having quite a few Which stinks cuz my pups LOVE Evo but after the last recall I switched them to Taste of the Wild... the vet I work with seems to think its a better brand anyways so it all worked out for the best. Also an important thing is to make sure all treats are US made!! No made in China treats cuz those have been having a bad time with recalls too due to salmonella.

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  5. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"

California Natural Recall

ETA - did not realize this was already posted, sorry!

Voluntary Recall Information €“ California Natural

Just an FYI, I don't know how popular this food in on here. I bought a bag last week that falls into the recall status and my pup has been acting ill since the weekend with intermittent diarrhea, vomiting and lethargy. We are going to the vet in about an hour to make sure she's ok.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hope the puppums is ok!

I'll just merge the threads, it's probably good to bump it anyway.
  7. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I hope the puppums is ok!

I'll just merge the threads, it's probably good to bump it anyway.
    Thank you