Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hairy Hairy Husky! ^.^

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Hairy Hairy Husky! ^.^

Advertisements
    When I go home next month, the first week I'm there, I'll be taking care of exDB's husky. He'll be out in the field for a week and so I offered to take care of the pup. However, I won't have my own car with me. It's staying here in Virginia, so I will (for the first 3 days) have my moms car.

Problem?

My mom keeps her car REALLY clean and I'm not sure how she would like having a super sheddy husky in it...

What can I do to keep him contained to one seat and get as little fur in the car as possible?

When I've had him in my car in the past, I had a bunch of blankets all over but even that didn't contain it all. And I need him to be in the car because I will be taking him from exDB's apartment up to... well, hopefully a friends house. He lives at least an hour away and I don't want to spend my first week home after 6 months in a stanky apartment all by myself.....

Any suggestions?

And just because, here's a picture of my love: Arkady
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

A seatbelt harness (which should be used anyway for safety) and a blanket over where he is sitting would be the best bet I think. However since it's not your dog, if your ex doesn't already have a harness it's not really fair to expect you to shell out for one.

Other safe method of transporting a dog in a car is to use a crate, depending on the size of your mom's car and if your ex has a crate that might not be possible. But it would also solve the hair issue.
  3. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    A seatbelt harness (which should be used anyway for safety) and a blanket over where he is sitting would be the best bet I think. However since it's not your dog, if your ex doesn't already have a harness it's not really fair to expect you to shell out for one.

Other safe method of transporting a dog in a car is to use a crate, depending on the size of your mom's car and if your ex has a crate that might not be possible. But it would also solve the hair issue.
    He doesn't have a seatbelt harness. And he does have a crate (as do I at my parents house) but my mom just has a toyota camry and there is no way that fits in there.

I think I just might have to use a blanket and hope he doesn't move around too much..