Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Husky Wolf Crosses

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin Husky Wolf Crosses

Advertisements
    My boyfriend and I thought about different pets to get while he's in the navy. He was really interested in getting a husky and wolf cross pup, they run around $300 each. Any thoughts or opinions on them? I've heard mixed reviews, some people say that they get mean, some people say they're the best companions they've had. (: If you don't think they're a good dog to have, what do you think would be good? :3
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    No, they arent. That is a lie. Wolf corsses are illegal in this country,a nd any good breeder will not charge $300 for a pup. You are going through a puppy mill. Please do not purchase a dog from anyone other than a reputable breeder, or go to a shelter. And do NOT get any wolf hybrids. Wolves or wolf mixes do not make good pets. Wolves are wild animals, not pets.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    No, they arent. That is a lie. Wolf corsses are illegal in this country,a nd any good breeder will not charge $300 for a pup. You are going through a puppy mill. Please do not purchase a dog from anyone other than a reputable breeder, or go to a shelter. And do NOT get any wolf hybrids. Wolves or wolf mixes do not make good pets. Wolves are wild animals, not pets.

Also, any wolf hybrids are not allowed in military housing so if you two were to get married one day & live in military-owned housing, that dog would not be allowed. And many apartments don't accept them either.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    In addition, IMO, getting pets with boyfriends/girlfriends (as opposed to husbands/wives) is a bad idea. What if you two break up? The pet loses in that situations as they are often left at a shelter.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Okay. I won't get anything.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

a husky anything isnt going to be $300

Dh was a douchey and thought he was going through a reputable breeder but low and behold she was shit and even then we paid $700...pleaseeeeee becareful when choosing a breeder, I say this from experience. I actually would never go through a breeder ever again- we have two other huskys we adopted and will always adopt now.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I didn't know that they were illegal, it wasn't my idea to get one to start with. So please don't go off on me like that. And even though we have a very stable relationship, you're saying no pets at all? I think it would be fine, since we've lived together until he left for boot camp. Also, I said I was *thinking* about it. It doesn't mean I'm going to run and goo buy one today. Thanks jellybeanerr, I think an adopted dog would be a good idea. You don't have to go through the trouble of shots and vaccinations and you're giving them a good home. (:
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I suggest getting a nice dog from the shelter, as an alternative.

Everyone else already said everything I wanted to say about wolf-dogs.
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    You may be able to find a husky-specific rescue or get one from a foster home. One of my coworkers just got a husky X greyhound mix from a foster family and it's the sweetest dog ever.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Banned
    Banned
    ditto all the others-- get a yorkie or a boxer, or a better yet, go to the pound and get a mutt who needs a good home.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast