Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuums for pet hair

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Vacuums for pet hair

Advertisements
    I'm starting to look for appliances for our house post-Korea but I need one that's up to the job of two shedding dogs. My parents have a Dyson DC33 (the yellow one) and it's okay but I have to stop every so often because it doesn't seem to actually get the hair into the holding area. It just stops in the tube right after the roller.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i know my mom gave up on finding a good one because even expensive ones kept breaking from too much dog har. for years shes been just buying cheap ones and using them til they break then buying another cheap one....
  3. Senior Member
    we have a dyson and use the grooming attachment on our dog. How often is the Dyson cleaned that your parents use? I have to clean the filter every other month or so or it loses suction. There may be something blocking the canister area preventing fur from getting there.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I love my Dyson Animal.
  5. Senior Member
    If I was home I would rush to the closet and tell you what we have it really works. We have a sib husky/chow mix (could be other way around, we can't tell) and it picks up allllll her fur.

That vaccuum has given birth to a litter of 6 kittens with as much fur it picked up from her.
    I just know that we got it from wal mart
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    we have a dyson and use the grooming attachment on our dog. How often is the Dyson cleaned that your parents use? I have to clean the filter every other month or so or it loses suction. There may be something blocking the canister area preventing fur from getting there.
    I'll have to check about the filter. That could be it. The hair is what blocks the canister, it picks up the hair from the carpet and it collects it in the tube until it stops picking other things up. Do you have the Dyson Animal or the regular one? I was considering the Animal but couldn't figure out if it was the same design with extra attachments.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    I'll have to check about the filter. That could be it. The hair is what blocks the canister, it picks up the hair from the carpet and it collects it in the tube until it stops picking other things up. Do you have the Dyson Animal or the regular one? I was considering the Animal but couldn't figure out if it was the same design with extra attachments.
    uh...it's a Dyson that's yellow. DH bought it before we were together, so I have no idea what model it is.
  8. Senior Member
    Love our Dyson Animal
  9. Senior Member
    we have a hoover and its specifically aimed at pet hair . i wish i knew what kind it exactly was but i got it from target. and it has a picture of a dog on the box so its pretty easy to spot lol
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

10. Senior Member
    I have 2 dyson animals. I have the first one DC07 animal and it still works like brand new. Picks up so much dog hair over my dad's Kirby. I have a newer animal as well. Don't remember what DC it is but it works wonderful as well. The regular dyson's work, but not well for pet hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast