Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So I'm getting my first..

1. Senior Member

So I'm getting my first..

Advertisements
    [reptile!]

I've been looking at her/him since we got her at work. I'm going to be getting her/him in a few days. I'm so excited, she/he is so friendly. I bought everything I need and set up her enclosure yesterday. I have a couple of real plants in the enclosure also, I made sure I got plants that were safe for her/him.

Can anyone sex a panther chameleon? I've been told she's a girl but they thought she was a boy at first and now I just don't know.

Is there anything I should be aware of? I've done a decent amount of reading already, but I don't know everything. I'm hoping its a boy because I'm afraid of a girl laying eggs. I'm afraid if it's a girl that she won't be able to or will end up dying from not passing them.

Here is the enclosure so far.

2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Chameleons are really, really hard to take care of, so do lots of research! They get sick really easily and they have really specific habitat requirements. I'm not an expert, I basically just know that.
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    Chameleons are really, really hard to take care of, so do lots of research! They get sick really easily and they have really specific habitat requirements. I'm not an expert, I basically just know that.
    That's all I've been doing the past few days. I know they should be on a 12 hour on/12 hour off schedule with the day/night lights. I have a power strip with 4 slots with timers that can be set coming in a few days. That'll make it a little easier for the lights to be consistent.