Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Jealous Kitty

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Jealous Kitty

Advertisements
    My baby boy is finally starting to realize something is happening, me being pregnant, and he's rebelling like no other. We've had him since he was 3 months old, and this August he will be 3 years so he's pretty accustomed to being an "only child."

He's been changing some little things that don't bug us so much, such as constant meowing when he used to only meow if he was out of food or water (he free feeds so it's not like we neglect him, sometimes we just don't check at the right time. ) He constantly has to be all over us, not just in our laps but up in our faces and our usual blowing in his face to get him to back up isn't working anymore, he just turns around and comes right back up. And a few other little things.

The bigger issues are him getting into areas he knows better about. For instance he's never been a counter cat but he's been jumping onto them while we aren't around and knocking things off. The other day he knocked a glass off the counter and shattered it. He also has started biting us, a lot. It used to be just little ones and we would tell him "NO." but now it's getting stronger. Last night while we were laying down he actually hurt me when he bit my arm.

So I know these aren't all HORRIBLE things, but I can't have things getting worse or him biting when the baby is here. Will he get used to this as time goes on, or are chances good that it will be getting worse? What can I do to ease him into the change? How can we prevent attitude changes like this with future change? ( We will be moving from Washington to Ohio for a month, then heading to Hawaii. So between the move, the plane and the baby I'm scared it will really affect his anxiety issues.)

Any help or experience would be appreciated, it's driving me crazy that my baby is feeling so jealous and I don't want him to be hurting
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He's also started chewing on things Such as handles of bags and purses and everything he shouldn't be.

I just don't get it. He gets attention, he has plenty of toys. Nothing is changing on our end, I get that he senses it but geez! This is driving me insane!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Maybe ask your vet?

I hope you can figure it out.