Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dog boarding suggestions - Jacksonville, FL

1. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"

Dog boarding suggestions - Jacksonville, FL

Advertisements
    Whitla's thread has me all paranoid My husband is participating in the Tough Mudder competition in a couple weeks and I need to board my dogs during the time we are gone. They are kind of special needs though, well one is. My older dog Lex, has become pretty dog aggressive in his older years and really only tolerates our younger dog. He also has a few serious health issues (Hip dysplasia, stage 5 heart murmur, food allergies) so I am really freaked out by letting him out of my sight for any time period, he really enjoys the company of humans. The pup Seka, is easy, shes sweet, plays great with other dogs and loves people. She is incredibly attached to Lex though, like if he ever is out of her sight she freaks out and starts wailing like an angry whale or something. So they definitely need to be together at night but maybe can be exercised separately? TIA
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do you have any friends that you would feel comfortable having in your home/are you open to professional pet-sitting services? Given the special needs aspect, in home care may be less stresful for your pups if at all possible.
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    NOT CLUB K-9

4. Senior Member
    When we lived in Alabama and had a special needs cat, our vet had boarding facilities for cats and dogs. This was the best place for us to board the cat since the vet already knew her health issues. Many times when I would take her in people would be dropping off their dogs. The vet office always asked them if the dogs needed to be together or separate. They also exercised the dogs either separately or just with their kennel mates so they never had to worry about dog fights. So I would check with your vet and see if they board or have a recommendation.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  5. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Do you have any friends that you would feel comfortable having in your home/are you open to professional pet-sitting services? Given the special needs aspect, in home care may be less stresful for your pups if at all possible.
    We just moved here so I don't know anyone I trust enough to stay in our home/visit, but I would love that option. How would I go about finding that?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    NOT CLUB K-9

Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    When we lived in Alabama and had a special needs cat, our vet had boarding facilities for cats and dogs. This was the best place for us to board the cat since the vet already knew her health issues. Many times when I would take her in people would be dropping off their dogs. The vet office always asked them if the dogs needed to be together or separate. They also exercised the dogs either separately or just with their kennel mates so they never had to worry about dog fights. So I would check with your vet and see if they board or have a recommendation.
    The vet I take them to doesn't offer boarding. But thanks! I really want the pup to enjoy herself so I love he ideas of boarding them at a place where they offer daycare.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Poochies!
  7. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    Poochies!
    I looked at their website and it looks really nice!