Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tapeworms?

1. Senior Member

Tapeworms?

Advertisements
    So I'm getting my cat on Sunday but the vet noticed on Tuesday that he had tapeworms so the breeder said he gave her a three month liquid to put on the back of the neck like flea and tick stuff.

My concern is... My current cat, if the new cat just started getting treated, should I be okay to take both cats to the vet next weekend and start treating my other cat?

Can't really postpone the travel since we have been planning this for months now and we finally got the timing nailed down to make this happen. Should be fine, right? Just not sure if there are any precautions I should be taking outside of the obvious treatment and proactively treating my cat when the new cat gets here.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    In addition to the treatment for flea/tick (flea is common source of tapeworm infection- which is why this treatment was prompted by notice of tapeworms) - was the cat treated for the worms? Was a fecal done to identify whether there are additional worms present? Is the cat you already have not on any form of parasite control at this time?
  3. Senior Member
    I would keep them separated and using different litter boxes and take them both to your vet in separate pet carriers

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  4. Senior Member
    Well... We live in an area that fleas are not a problem. I forget if it is due to the dry air or elevation but no, my current cat is not on any flea medication nor does the vet recommend it. I'm sure this will change as I start traveling more with the cat
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!