Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Breed Restriction Advice

  1. Regular Member
    patreecmarie's Avatar
    patreecmarie is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cali/ <3 is in Great Lakes
    Posts
    31
    #1

    Breed Restriction Advice

    Advertisements
    Hello,
    DF and I are getting married next week when he comes home from A school. We will be reporting to San Diego where he will be stationed after that! We are currently looking for apartments but we have a pit bull and every single apartment has breed restrictions. Our pit is so sweet and loves everyone. I don't know what to do. We do not want to rent a house, it is too big and I want to be in a gated complex when he is away at sea. Any advice or other pit owners who feel my pain?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Rissa*Rawr's Avatar
    Rissa*Rawr is offline
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    25,582
    #2
    There's really nothing you can do besides keep looking. You might want to look into housing rentals just in case because pits need a lot of room anyway.

    "Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Ajax's Avatar
    Ajax is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,731
    #3
    In my experience, even though I don't have a Pit Bull, you've really just have to take what you can get... or buy.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

    on my fingertips and at brain edges

    and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

    time to eas, baby!
  4. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #4
    I would rent a house. Dogs deserve a yard to run around around. You can find small 2 or 3 bedroom houses.


  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    There's really nothing you can do besides keep looking. You might want to look into housing rentals just in case because pits need a lot of room anyway.
    This there really is no option. You can't make an apartment change their mind.
  6. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #6
    unfortunately you may have to rent a small house or duplex, and take what you can get. owning a PITTiE and being military is not always easy.
  7. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #7
    Its gonna be hard to find a place. Not trying to be mean, but SD has some really strict laws about pits. Have you checked the county laws? I think you are required to have a fenced yard and other restrictions.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Mombie.
    Jensscrnnm's Avatar
    Jensscrnnm is offline
    Mombie.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,011
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Its gonna be hard to find a place. Not trying to be mean, but SD has some really strict laws about pits. Have you checked the county laws? I think you are required to have a fenced yard and other restrictions.


    We have a very, very submissive pup and we had trouble with her in housing because she's part Rot.



  9. Regular Member
    patreecmarie's Avatar
    patreecmarie is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cali/ <3 is in Great Lakes
    Posts
    31
    #9
    Well our dog is currently living in an apartment in San Jose with his mom ( I couldn't keep him at my parents house) and they've lived in two apartment complexes so far with him (also with breed restrictions). His mom however had cancer and got her doctor to write a note saying he is her companion dog. She is an attorney so she knows the legalities of it I guess. We were thinking of just getting a letter for one of us and technically they can't ask what kind of dog it is if it is a companion dog. However, knowing all of that it still worries me. We are looking into buying a place in the next year. We looked at some houses but all of them have breed restrictions as well.
  10. Mombie.
    Jensscrnnm's Avatar
    Jensscrnnm is offline
    Mombie.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,011
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by patreecmarie View Post
    Well our dog is currently living in an apartment in San Jose with his mom ( I couldn't keep him at my parents house) and they've lived in two apartment complexes so far with him (also with breed restrictions). His mom however had cancer and got her doctor to write a note saying he is her companion dog. She is an attorney so she knows the legalities of it I guess. We were thinking of just getting a letter for one of us and technically they can't ask what kind of dog it is if it is a companion dog. However, knowing all of that it still worries me. We are looking into buying a place in the next year. We looked at some houses but all of them have breed restrictions as well.
    Have you looked into Military housing?



Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •