Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor grizzly

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Poor grizzly

Advertisements
    Poor poor Grizzly is at the vet right now.

When we get him home, he will be ball-less I still think he is waay to young to be neutered, but I guess Illinois state law says that every adopted dog must be fixed before adoption, or with in 30 days of adoption.
  2. Senior Member
    How old is he?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

11 weeks
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    He'll be okay! I was required to pay a huge deposit when I got my cats, to make sure I brought them back to get fixed at around 16 weeks. It sucks but they heal so fast!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    Wow, yeah our papers said between 4-6 months. Our puppy didn't even notice though, he kept trying to play and be hyper as always.
  6. Senior Member
    That doesn't seem too young.

He will heal fast! He probably won't even notice after a few hours!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would have much preferred to wait until about a year to get him neutered. I think it is better to let them (mostly the males) mature and reach adulthood before neutering. Just seems like he is still a baby, and has so much growing to do
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I would have much preferred to wait until about a year to get him neutered. I think it is better to let them (mostly the males) mature and reach adulthood before neutering. Just seems like he is still a baby, and has so much growing to do
    By then he may have behaviors that cannot be fixed by neutering. Just being unable to reproduce is not the only point of neutering.
  9. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    By then he may have behaviors that cannot be fixed by neutering. Just being unable to reproduce is not the only point of neutering.
    Agreed. Also the surgery is more difficult and has a longer recovery the longer you wait to neuter since the testicular tissues are tougher so more trauma occurs when removing them.
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    He'll be fine. I's great that he's getting it out of the way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Male dogs sexually mature by around 5 to 6 ish month though(that is the average it can vary, but the "norm" is around 5 to 6 months. Hence why dogs get fixed normally by around 4 to 5 months old give or take...) Waiting a full year is to long, and it would of caused him longer suffering. Due to longer healing time, and the pain at a year + old would of been greater. So it's good you're having it done now.

I personally would of actually preferred to have my puppy, who is 4 months old. To be fixed a few weeks a ago(his balls dropped last month), but his vet wanted him to have the rabies shot first. Then wanted to wait 2 weeks after the shot to do the surgery... He's getting fixed next week. I'm not even slightly worried about it, and I don't feel bad about looking forward to having him fixed..

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Agreed. Also the surgery is more difficult and has a longer recovery the longer you wait to neuter since the testicular tissues are tougher so more trauma occurs when removing them.
    Try not to worry to much in a few days he;ll be back to himself!
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast