Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog owners.

1. Senior Member

Dog owners.

Advertisements
    So I have a maltese dog that goes in and outside as he pleases (into a fenced yard), I normally use Advantage flea medicine on him and it's always worked perfectly, no fleas that Ive ever noticed. Now it's not working as well, I just gave him a bath and found a couple on him so I think it might be time to start using something new. What do you use on your fur babies?
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    If you bathe him, especially within the week you put it on, then you are simply washing it off. Also, if you live in the south, fleas WILL get on your dog. If they are on flea meds they will die, but flea meds dont necessarily prevent fleas from jumping on sometimes, just from living and creating an infestation.

If you are thinking of switching, Trifexis has been one that a lot of people love. Its a monthly pill.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My dogs get Trifexis and it's been great.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    If you bathe him, especially within the week you put it on, then you are simply washing it off. Also, if you live in the south, fleas WILL get on your dog. If they are on flea meds they will die, but flea meds dont necessarily prevent fleas from jumping on sometimes, just from living and creating an infestation.

If you are thinking of switching, Trifexis has been one that a lot of people love. Its a monthly pill.
    Ive heard a few people talk about the Trifexis, is it sold over the counter?
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaUSMClove View Post
    No, I dont believe so, nor should it be.
  6. Senior Member
    We had Lexi on Frontline when we moved back to Florida, but the apartment complex we live in doesn't treat their grounds so it wasn't that effective. She's now on Comfortis which I order online, but the order has to be ok-d through your vet.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    No, I dont believe so, nor should it be.
    It isn't. I get mine from the vet but you can also get a prescription from the vet, order it online and fax in the prescription to get it for a more competitive rate.
  8. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaUSMClove View Post
    No, but you can easily order it online. You just have to give them your vet. info so they can verify the weights and whatnot are correct. Your vet might have it in stock, as well.

be cool.
  9. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    We use trifexis. Which reminds me, I actually need to get Rebel re-heartworm tested soon. Anyhow, Trifexis rocks. Beau was uh, infested with fleas when we got him and he hasn't had one since. As long as they're on the prevention, you don't have to worry.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I use trifexis too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast