Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Best way to whiten kitty's whites.....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Best way to whiten kitty's whites.....

Advertisements
    Jake has decided he wants to take on another project for 4-H this year - cat. He has chosen Mojo as his project kitty. Mojo is our black and white cat - though more often he is grey and brown thanks to a particular love of dust and mud He is an indoor/outdoor kitty(fancies himself a barn cat). As I am looking forward to show day I am starting to really wonder what the best way to whiten his white around the paws. The rest of him comes nicely clean with basic brushing. It's standard to bathe and groom for show day, but I'm fearing that the most stubborn of his dirtied areas might not take to just a basic wash and we'll still have some yellowing. We have whitening shampoo we use for Yahzi, but I'm not sure if it'd be safe for cats as well as horses. Bathing him period is bound to be an adventure........
  2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    When I groomed dogs we had groomers that groomed cats as well( I never wanted to become certified to shave and professionally bathe cats. NO thank you! )

This is what we had for white kitty's/cats owners wanted to look "whiter." (It was also used on the dogs, and we had the huge economy sized bottles of it.) It worked pretty well.

#1 All Systems Professional Formula Whitening Shampoo 16 oz | PetEdge.com

#1 All Systems® Professional Formula Whitening Shampoo whitens and brightens all coat types without harsh cleansers or bleach. Use on white, black, silver, and cream-colored coats.
    Contains optical brighteners which enhance the dog’s natural color
    Helps remove even the toughest stains and odors
    Contains all natural, healthy ingredients
    Contains no peroxide, bleach, silicone or blueing products
    Contains coconut oil
    16 oz size of shampoo dilutes 5:1.
    #1 All Systems Professional Formula Whitening Shampoo is safe for puppies and kittens over 12 weeks old. 16 oz size of shampoo dilutes 5:1

The trick to the whiting shampoo, I'm sure you may know already, is you have to let it sit on them for awhile. So the shampoo has time to actually whiten them. Which is fun, for sure with a cat, sitting there for 5+ minutes with a animal just covered in shampoo. Trying to keep in it the tub or whatever so it doesn't get the shampoo everywhere... .
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thank you.
  4. Senior Member
    When I saw the title, I thought this was going to be about whitening his teeth!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    When I saw the title, I thought this was going to be about whitening his teeth!!
    Now that would be an adventure, lol - well, actually he's a very "mouthy" cat, so it'd probably be easier to get him to cooperate with dental attention than bathing.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    When I groomed dogs we had groomers that groomed cats as well( I never wanted to become certified to shave and professionally bathe cats. NO thank you! )

This is what we had for white kitty's/cats owners wanted to look "whiter." (It was also used on the dogs, and we had the huge economy sized bottles of it.) It worked pretty well.

#1 All Systems Professional Formula Whitening Shampoo 16 oz | PetEdge.com

The trick to the whiting shampoo, I'm sure you may know already, is you have to let it sit on them for awhile. So the shampoo has time to actually whiten them. Which is fun, for sure with a cat, sitting there for 5+ minutes with a animal just covered in shampoo. Trying to keep in it the tub or whatever so it doesn't get the shampoo everywhere... .
    This Is What I Used On My BeaglesWhen I Showed Them. Works great!