Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Whining - help please!

1. Senior Member

Whining - help please!

Advertisements
    Lovely DH picked up a stray. Normally I wouldn't be quite so peeved but we've yet to move into our house her so I'm a little stressed as it is. Annnnywho, the little guy had a collar but no tags. DH is taking him in today to be scanned and get a rabies shot before we put up signs. He was filthy, but once cleaned up looks like a black Pomeranian.

The issue is this: He will. Not. Stop. Whining.

I've never, ever had this problem with a dog. It seems to be more attention-seeking whining than anxiety whining. He's very friendly, but the whining can't keep on or I'm going to have to go back on my 'we can keep him until he has a home' promise to DH.

Help please??
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    How long has he been with you?
    It may be a reaction to the situation as a whole or an idication of some underlying cause (ie injury) from his situation - I would have your DH have the vet evaluate the dog to rule out physical injury/pain.
    Keep in mind, this is a very stressful situation for a dog - he is in new surroundings with new people after who knows what has been going on with him until he found you...
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If nothing is physically wrong put a small t-shirt on him tightly (basically a DIY thunder shirt) to see if it would help.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    How long has he been with you?
    It may be a reaction to the situation as a whole or an idication of some underlying cause (ie injury) from his situation - I would have your DH have the vet evaluate the dog to rule out physical injury/pain.
    Keep in mind, this is a very stressful situation for a dog - he is in new surroundings with new people after who knows what has been going on with him until he found you...
    Thank you for replying! I came down with the stomach flu the same day I posted this and completely forgot I even posted it. I honestly think I was too quick to judge the little guy, I was already not feeling well (ie preggers) and just jumped to conclusions. We still have him (no luck finding owners ) and he's doing so much better! No injuries thankfully, I think he just needed some TLC. Right now we're dealing with a little food/toy aggression from him towards our 100+ lb dog, but he's getting better with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    If nothing is physically wrong put a small t-shirt on him tightly (basically a DIY thunder shirt) to see if it would help.
    Such a good idea! I might get one for when we are gone, I'd hate for him to bother the neighbors.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥