Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BarkBox.

1. Senior Member

BarkBox.

Advertisements
    BarkBox: How It Works.

Has anyone, ever, gotten one?

I've, always, been of monthly subscriptions. I've only heard about the ones for make up products and all that jazz, but this sounds interesting. It's $18/month, (which I can easily spend on Bixler.) and "That’s why we donate at least 10% of our profits to shelters, rescues and animal welfare organizations.".

ETA: It's $18/month, if you sign up for 6 months. Otherwise, it's $29/month for one.
    Last edited by Ajax; 03-31-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I found this blog about it, sounds like even at the one time rate, you are still getting a good deal!

I would love to try this kind of thing, but my husbands dog does not use toys. I hope our new puppy likes toys

ETA: at the bottom of that blog it has a 10 dollars off code as well!
  3. Senior Member
    My husband would actually murder me if I spent that much on more toys and treats for our dog he's spoiled enough as it is.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I found this blog about it, sounds like even at the one time rate, you are still getting a good deal!

I would love to try this kind of thing, but my husbands dog does not use toys. I hope our new puppy likes toys

ETA: at the bottom of that blog it has a 10 dollars off code as well!
    Hmmm. Maybe, I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    My husband would actually murder me if I spent that much on more toys and treats for our dog he's spoiled enough as it is.
    $18/month isn't a big deal to me, since I tend to spend that, anyway. $29, though? That's pushin' it.
    inside outside

and in centers
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    I've read a lot about it recently, and frankly, I think it's a rip off. If you visit their facebook page, basically everything you find is people saying they're shit, there's hardly anything in them, the treats are dangerous and not good for your dog, the toys are made in China despite their "all made in the USA" claim, etc.

Plus, maybe it's just because I have a little monster, but I cannottttt just give my dog anything. I would assume your dog is pretty big so you'd probably have the same problem—the toys would be eaten in two seconds, a few treats is going to last two seconds. They absolutely do not send stuff that is good enough quality to be worth it to me. I've spent a year and a half pinpointing the only things that Remmy won't immediately destroy

As far as the donation... yeah that's nice. But it would be a lot easier for me to give 10% of 30 bucks to my local shelter, ya know?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    I've read a lot about it recently, and frankly, I think it's a rip off. If you visit their facebook page, basically everything you find is people saying they're shit, there's hardly anything in them, the treats are dangerous and not good for your dog, the toys are made in China despite their "all made in the USA" claim, etc.

Plus, maybe it's just because I have a little monster, but I cannottttt just give my dog anything. I would assume your dog is pretty big so you'd probably have the same problem—the toys would be eaten in two seconds, a few treats is going to last two seconds. They absolutely do not send stuff that is good enough quality to be worth it to me. I've spent a year and a half pinpointing the only things that Remmy won't immediately destroy

As far as the donation... yeah that's nice. But it would be a lot easier for me to give 10% of 30 bucks to my local shelter, ya know?
    Dude, thank you for this.

I checked their FB page, but I didn't see any reviews. I didn't look that hard, and I only checked out the posts from other people, but that instantly made me kind of . Typically, there's a least one person that's complaining, y'know?

and yeah. Bixler is a beast and can shred anything in a matter of seconds. I've been watching YouTube videos of these things being unboxed. I don't think I'm sold, anymore.
    inside outside

and in centers
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    It honestly doesn't seem like anything I'd waste my money on.

Looking at their Facebook just now the treats they have sent are treats my dog can't have and/or isn't allowed to have. Denny gets all antural raw all natural dog treats, and I'm picky about where his toys come from/how they are made. Then the bones they showed pictures of are bones I'd not recommend for any dog ever(First thing listed in Smart bones is corn. I was half way thinking of getting them for Denny once he's old enough for hard treats like that, but when I saw corn I said hell no lol. Corn + dogs = a no go. For sure a breed like my dog...)

Yeah no thank you Lol.
    Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 04-02-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Signature removed due to size.
  8. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I'd consider it. But for now, we have a few toys that last a little while, surprisingly. And for special treats, she gets carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Nothing fancy or expensive.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    It honestly doesn't seem like anything I'd waste my money on.

Looking at their Facebook just now the treats they have sent are treats my dog can't have and/or isn't allowed to have. Denny gets all antural raw all natural dog treats, and I'm picky about where his toys come from/how they are made. Then the bones they showed pictures of are bones I'd not recommend for any dog ever(First thing listed in Smart bones is corn. I was half way thinking of getting them for Dennt once he's old enough for hard treats like that, but when I saw corn I said hell no lol. Corn + dogs = a no go. For sure a breed like my dog...)

Yeah no thank you Lol.
    I'm glad I posted this thread. I don't think I would've found any of this out without you, guys.
    inside outside

and in centers
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I did it for a few months and loved it! it was fun opening it and giving the treats/toys to our dog (who loved most things). one of the stuffed toys we got is lasting so long which is awesome bc maggie normally destroys stuffed toys in minutes. she also got a cool busy treat dispenser which is great! all in all a great fun experience. i couldn't justify to keep spending that much on her each month anymore.

check groupon for a barkbox deal (i've seen it up twice) Ottawa Deal of the Day: Restaurants, Beauty, Health, Activities: Today's Featured Deal | Groupon

i love boxes as u can see in my blog: Love Never Fails: Monthly Boxes

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast