Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Vetting the Vet?

1. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels

Vetting the Vet?

Advertisements
    My sweet new baby German Shepard has reached the six month mark, and he needs to get fixed, and up to date on his shots. I moved to a small town, where, although its my hometown, I don't really know much about the vets. I know which one my parents use, but that's for farm animals.

In my last town it was easy to get recommendations, but around here, people are pretty much set one way or the other (there are only 2 vets in town). So what questions should I ask to make sure I find a good vet for the little man and the fat kitty?
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Honestly, for PCP if people are saying good things about both, then they are both fine, especially for every day care. I would figure out who you like more and simply go with that.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I tend to go with what is important to me and then narrow it down. For me its:

Are you okay not immunizing given an animals health?
    Do you board and what kind of care will he receive?
    How quickly can I get an appointment?

From there I tend to just go with the feel. Everywhere has their quirks just decide what you are okay with and not. I'd pick one for the first check up and if you don't like them go with the other.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh and I tend to ask a staff person over the phone not the vet. I figure they are more likely to be the one interacting with my cat when I am not around so I would rather know their attitude and the over all way the vet tends to run their office.