Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fromm pet food?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Fromm pet food?

Advertisements
    Our new doggy (she comes home to us in a week!!!) is currently eating fromm, and well we are looking for a new pet food for our current doggy as well.

Have any of you ever heard of/feed fromm pet food?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    It's a family-owned company. I've never used it & I don't believe it's sold in large company stores but you can check their site for their retailers.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    It's a family-owned company. I've never used it & I don't believe it's sold in large company stores but you can check their site for their retailers.
    The shelter we are getting the new baby from sells it!
    And all profit from it goes back into the shelter.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have never fed it to our animals, but have heard only good things about the line. As with many of these lines, it can be difficult to locate in some areas - just taking a look using my zip and their retail locater they seem to be in more of the specialty pet stores that carry their foods rather than the large chains. We feed a similar food as far as being a small/family company.
  5. That's no moon
    That's no moon
    Yes, I feed Ruby Fromm's Beef Frittata, and she loves it! The kibble is pretty small, but she's a Boston Terrorist so it's perfect for her. I made the gradual switch from BB Willderness to Fromm's over a month's time, and she's had zero gastro issues.

I ordered her first bag from an online dogfood seller, and got it for a good price. It's not sold at Petsmart or Petco here, but I did find a local independently-owned store that has it, along with other harder to find brands like Honest Kitchen, etc.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by reese99 View Post
    Yes, I feed Ruby Fromm's Beef Frittata, and she loves it! The kibble is pretty small, but she's a Boston Terrorist so it's perfect for her. I made the gradual switch from BB Willderness to Fromm's over a month's time, and she's had zero gastro issues.

I ordered her first bag from an online dogfood seller, and got it for a good price. It's not sold at Petsmart or Petco here, but I did find a local independently-owned store that has it, along with other harder to find brands like Honest Kitchen, etc.
    Glad to hear your doggy does well on it! I am thinking about trying our basneji out on it as well.

Pet food is so difficult for me to figure out

Since our soon to be new puppy is a giant, I have heard she should not eat puppy chow?
  7. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Glad to hear your doggy does well on it! I am thinking about trying our basneji out on it as well.

Pet food is so difficult for me to figure out

Since our soon to be new puppy is a giant, I have heard she should not eat puppy chow?
    With my Shepherds I look for large breed formulas to help their joints. I avoid dog food that use animal by-products because animal by products are the crap deemed not consumable by humans (like road kill and bones). However Cash was underweight and our vet had him on Eukanuba Sport because it had highest calorie content that he needed (hes still thin but not underweight now).

Puppy Chow isnt the best quality dog food out there but its cheap! Most dog food you buy at walmart (IAMS, Pedigree, Purina, Ol' Roy, Benneful, etc) usually has byproduct and dyes. Dyes can cause allergy problems in dogs who are sensitive. But honestly if you're really wondering what the best food for your specific dog is I would chat with the vet My vet recommends IVET that they carry but its too expensive for us. We spend $45-50 per 30lbs bag on our dogs food and it lasts just under a month or so.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh yea we are down between totw, bb wilderness and this fromm.

I was more meaning ive heard normal puppy food is not good for the larger breed dogs because it causes them to grow too fast and causes issues.

I am going to talk to the vet when we take the new puppy in on the 8th
  9. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Oh yea we are down between totw, bb wilderness and this fromm.

I was more meaning ive heard normal puppy food is not good for the larger breed dogs because it causes them to grow too fast and causes issues.

I am going to talk to the vet when we take the new puppy in on the 8th
    we started our new pup on Blue Large Breed Puppy and she has down well, her coat has improved and she is getting bigger. I have never heard of Fromm but if it is in budget and the dogs do well and you can get the supply go for it What breed did you get? Dane?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

She is a great pyr mix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast