Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why must Utah be so far away!?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Why must Utah be so far away!?

Advertisements
    Look at this little guy

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Saint Bernard St. Bernard | Cedar City, UT | BOGEY

I would adopt him in a second if I could get him here. I don't like the idea/have the time off to drive all the way out there in my car, I'm not old enough to rent a car, I hate flying pets in Cargo, and he is too big to fly in the cabin.

I Eelizah
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I love St. Bernards! I want one so bad. I actually heard on the news the other day that you can get a note from your doctor (if you have an anxiety disorder) that states you need to have your dog on board with you to keep calm and relaxed. They're called "companion pets"

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is it the breed you are interested in? You can always check your local breed-specific rescue. Even one that's in a state much closer. They may have a dog that needs a home, or may be able to facilitate getting that St Bernard and getting it to you! Although I'm not too sure how well those big guys would do in the Florida heat/humidity!
  4. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Aw! sooo cute! Isn't there one closer to you? lol
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    I love St. Bernards! I want one so bad. I actually heard on the news the other day that you can get a note from your doctor (if you have an anxiety disorder) that states you need to have your dog on board with you to keep calm and relaxed. They're called "companion pets"
    This is true. On my way to Boston last year I flew next to a pit bill that was serving as a "companion pet". I don't have anxiety issues though, so I'm not sure that will work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post
    Is it the breed you are interested in? You can always check your local breed-specific rescue. Even one that's in a state much closer. They may have a dog that needs a home, or may be able to facilitate getting that St Bernard and getting it to you! Although I'm not too sure how well those big guys would do in the Florida heat/humidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by eelizah View Post
    Aw! sooo cute! Isn't there one closer to you? lol
    I've been looking at the Florida St. Bernard rescues for over a year, but they only seem to have older dogs. As great as I think it is to rescue an older dog, I just can't do it. They don't live long to begin with and I just can't handle getting one that will probably die in a couple years.

As far as living in Florida, I've spoken to 4 or 5 vets who all say they do really well in Florida as long as their kept indoors. That was my main concern when I started looking for one, but I've heard the same thing from every single vet I've asked.

I Eelizah
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Such a cutey!

As far as the rescue thing you may strike out for something like just for simply not having a yard. Since a lot of the breed rescues I've looked into in the past few years wanted you(general) to have a fenced in yard.... For sure the bigger breeds like St. Bernards seem to almost always say "You need a yard an it needs to be fully fenced in." (Which I can can understand but it got annoying to hear "you need a yard" over and over again.) I know the German Sheppard rescue I talked to when we were in San Diego flat out said NO, because we were renting and had no fenced in yard. Then the Shiba Inu rescue here said no to me since we're renting, and we don't have a yard for the dog to play in/relieve itself in" then they also threw out there "they wouldn't feel right sending one of their dogs home with me." Since DH is still "Active Duty so we could move." When he's NOT fully active he's just active reserves so we get to stay put...

Finding a pup that you love, and that is closer!
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    Such a cutey!

As far as the rescue thing you may strike out for something like just for simply not having a yard. Since a lot of the breed rescues I've looked into in the past few years wanted you(general) to have a fenced in yard.... For sure the bigger breeds like St. Bernards seem to almost always say "You need a yard an it needs to be fully fenced in." (Which I can can understand but it got annoying to hear "you need a yard" over and over again.) I know the German Sheppard rescue I talked to when we were in San Diego flat out said NO, because we were renting and had no fenced in yard. Then the Shiba Inu rescue here said no to me since we're renting, and we don't have a yard for the dog to play in/relieve itself in" then they also threw out there "they wouldn't feel right sending one of their dogs home with me." Since DH is still "Active Duty so we could move." When he's NOT fully active he's just active reserves so we get to stay put...

Finding a pup that you love, and that is closer!
    Yeah, I'm nervous about not being approved for some weird reason like that. Thankfully the yard thing isn't an issue because I have an acre and my brother lives next door so basically he would have 2 acres of fenced yard.

A vet I spoke to gave me the number of a lady who breeds Saint's that might have some puppies available right now. I've thought about calling her, but I'd much rather adopt (plus she wants $600).

I Eelizah
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I am going to Utah this week! I'll get him for you.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Darn it!! I clicked the link, and it spurred me to type in my info. I found a puppy I REALLY want!!

I hope you can find a puppy that is for you soon!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    I am going to Utah this week! I'll get him for you.
    I wish!

I Eelizah
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast