Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Has anyone used Puppyfind.com??

1. Regular Member

Has anyone used Puppyfind.com??

Advertisements
    Hey everyone!

So I'm looking to get myself a Corgi puppy at the end of May. I've done some browsing on puppyfind.com over the past few months and it seems like there are always a ton of great puppies up for adoption. Have any of you used this site before/have experience with it?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm so jealous of all the adorable pictures you've all been posting! Give those animals some pets and hugs for me!
  2. Senior Member
    My BIN and SIN used is and love their pup

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member

Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder has animals available for adoption. Puppyfind is more back yard breeders selling puppies from unhealth tested parents, you wont find many reputable breeders on that site.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder has animals available for adoption. Puppyfind is more back yard breeders selling puppies from unhealth tested parents, you wont find many reputable breeders on that site.
    Exactly. A good/reputable breeder has no need to use such a site.
  5. Senior Member
    They are not for adoption; they are for sale.

They are all from different breeders so I recomend you do your home work and make sure you get one froma reputable breeder.
  6. Senior Member
    And some good breeders DO use the site. They have a website and questionairs, phone interviews etc. The site is just to showcase their puppies and then they can be picky about which homes to give them to.
    But there are also puppymills and backyard breeders so watch out.
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Exactly. A good/reputable breeder has no need to use such a site.
    Also those aren't for adoption they are for sell, an I honestly wouldn't trust ANY of those breeders(maybe even puppy mil breeders) that have their dogs listed on there.

A actual GOOD breeder won't have to advertise really at all, and hey will be picky about who they send puppies home with.. Buying from that site from you chance likely getting a inbred sick puppy. With maybe even serious genetic issues that will result is thousands of dollars in vet visits(and/or death as the end result to it being very poorly bred....)

Juts be VERY careful and do your research before buying a puppy from anyone. You can likely find actual GOOD breeders in your area if you are dead set on getting a "pure bred" corgi puppy. They very likely won't be listed on sites like that at all though. (Shoot the breeder I got my puppy from only has clients that know about her threw word of mouth. She doesn't even have her own webpage, because she finds it "Tacky" to have a webpage to sell puppies." Every single pet parent she's sold her dogs to have been people she's known/gotten to know threw people she knows/has known.)

Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 03-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Signature removed due to size.
  8. Regular Member
    Thanks for all of the helpful information! I'm glad I thought to ask all of you first I'll start doing some detective work and try to find a way to find a good breeder (on or off the site).
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've never used it, but I do want to say - great choice in breed! Corgis are amazing dogs, I had one with my ex (he kept him in the breakup) and he was the sweetest pup, and he is so smart. Herders are the best breeds.