Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: need info on a good place to go

1. Kym

need info on a good place to go

Advertisements
    we have decided as a family that our house is empty since our dog died two weeks ago. We have always had pets and there is a huge empty spot in family.
    We tried Craigslist and found one doggie but the people still haven't gotten back to us after telling my husband they would call back with a time to look at the dog. There doesn't seem to be a humane society close by and I will not drive to downtown chicago ever ever ever again.
    I have looked in the paper and get disgusted by people needing to get rid of a dog but then turn around and want 1500 dollars for them.

Does anyone familiar with the area know of where we can go to get a puppy? They have to be a small breed
  2. Danielle
    There is a shelter in Kenosha WI that we went to when we lived there. It isn't a big one but I believe that was the only one we could find that wasn't downtown.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried http://www.petfinder.com/ ? A lot of shelters here in WA are on there so it might be worth a shot for you.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    either www.petfinder.com or try looking here: http://www.pawschicago.org/ShelterIn...eed_rescue.htm for a list of all the rescues in the area
  5. Kym
    thanks

Been looking all day and getting frustrated. I am not finding anything we don't want a medium size dog or a large dog. need a small dog and prefer it to be short haired.
    Guess it is not our time to get another dog
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I know Kaymara, just got a cute little doggie, but for the life of me I cannot remeber the name of the place. It is some farm there like God's farm.. I will try and remeber...
  7. Kym
    Lamb's Farm? I didn't think to check there

*never mind. checked and those puppies are expensive. we can't afford that much and my dh would probably kill me if I ever spent that much on a puppy
    Last edited by Kym; 02-06-2006 at 03:45 PM.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Kris got hers from Lambs Farm
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Yeah that is it.... LOL I was racking my brain and it did not work.....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you keep checking Lambs Farm their prices and animals change almost daily. My dog was $300. Half of the money goes to the mentally disabled that work and live there and the other half to the dog itself. They are all UKCI or AKC registered (which wasnt a big deal to me) And they all are up to date on shots, wormings, you get a free grooming certificate, free first vet visit (if you use theirs..I chose to use our own in Gurnee) and 10% off all their doggy products in there. Just keep checking back. I just checked and they are the expensive breeds etc in there now. You can also check orphans of the storm although you may get an older dog but they have tons. Also save a pet. Both are no kill shelters so they usually have a TON of doggies in need

http://www.orphansofthestorm.com/

http://www.save-a-pet-il.org/

Also on Saturdays petsmart and petco have adoptions going on

G'luck!