Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Called Save-A-Pet

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Called Save-A-Pet

Advertisements
    I called and of course no one answererd...
    I left a message saying I had adopted a kitten through PetsMart from them and she had passed away a week later. I told them I wasn't nessesarily looking for a pity party so to speak but I wanted to let them know. And that I talked to Nicky (Paul's wife) and she fosters kittens and said they had lost 3from a virus going around with the same syptoms Bella had... and I wanted to make them aware of that. And I left my name and number asked them to please return my call. I know its been a couple weeks but we have been so busy with Jer leaving and all that I finally got the time. But, I don't expect them to coddle me and give me a new one for free just maybe open their eyes to a virus that could be passing around their shelter... But, I guess they are the experts and probably rolled their eyes at me...
    I tried... Maybe I can help another animal not suffer...
    I hope to get another kitten soon... I really miss Bella and having her around.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    We got Storm from there as well.... I wound up forking over close $2000 for her upper respiratory infection and the one that she passed to Saint. Dont call them, they wont do a damn thing. Call the ASPCA. I called the company as well and nothing was done.... they didnt treat any of the cats and kept adopting them out. I called the ASPCA and all the cats and kittens were taken away from them. good luck, and i'm sorry that happened.
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Donna what the APSCA??
    Im so sorry about your baby as well...
  4. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    I'm so sorry.

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  5. KaylaDarko
    The ASPCA is a little bit more helpful when it comes to things like that.
    They listen and look out for that, and even issue warnings to other cat owners.

Some places just don't care as much.
    Which is really sad and depressing.

And I'm extremely sorry about your loss.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...cruelty_report

At the bottom there is a searchable database to find the agency near you that would deal with animal cruelity.

WHERE DO I REPORT ANIMAL CRUELTY?
    In NYC: Cruelty situations involving animals in New York City should be reported to the ASPCA’s Humane Law Enforcement department at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4450, or humanel@aspca.org.

Outside NYC: You will need to find out the name of the persons in your area who are responsible for investigating and enforcing the anti-cruelty codes in your town, county and/or state. These people typically work for your local humane organization, animal control agency, taxpayer-funded animal shelter or police precinct.

To find out what agencies are authorized to investigate and arrest instances of animal cruelty in your state (i.e, does the enforcement of animal cruelty laws fall under the authority of the police department or animal control officers?), visit our state-by-state list of state anti-cruelty investigatory-arrest powers.

If you run into trouble finding the correct agency to contact, you may wish to call or visit your local police department and ask for their help in enforcing the law. Similarly, you can ask at your local shelter or animal control agency for help. To find contact information for your local shelter, check the yellow pages or visit the ASPCA’s searchable database of nearly 5,000 community SPCAs, humane societies and animal control organizations.
  7. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks Donna
  8. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Im sorry you lost your kitty. Diffiently seek the ASPCA too. they should not be adopting out pets that are sick

9. Senior Member
    Monterey California ! Near Da' Beach again !!!
    I did not know she had passed away ! I'm so sorry !
    How's that "Hope" and "Change" working out for you ?
  10. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks Everyone...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast