Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: why oh why

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

why oh why

Advertisements
    how come my dog throws up so much. i'd say he throws up on average, about 3 or 4 times a month? he doesn't act or look sick each time. is it just the way he is? and dear god why does he only throw up at 2 or 3 in the morning??

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    maybe he's got the doggie form of hair balls??? My sisters cat did that about 3-4 times a month and my parents lab will do it a couple times a month.. maybe talk to your vet about it!! I hope he starts feeling better soon!!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i thought it might be hair balls too at first, but when he throws up, it either resembles food, or it's like a bright yellow liquidy stuff.

eta: he feels fine. he's his normal self, just, throws up at night. could he maybe be too hot and not have access to water that makes him throw up? i don't have an acctual clinical vet, just the vet at NOB who really only does shots. *sigh* guess i better get around to getting him a vet.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. New beginnings
    New beginnings
    try another food brand.

xo
    "You might be a big fish in a little pond, doesn't mean you've won, 'cause along might come a bigger one. And you'll be lost."
  5. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I would try to get him into the vet. maybe keep some water near him at night, not a whole lot, but a little so that he would have that available. It could be he's just getting too hot! I hope you and buddy get it figured out soon!! I know how frustrating it is when your pup throws up for no apparent reason!!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  6. Senior Member
    If it's a frothy yellow vomit it's usually from an empty stomache. Is he free fed or do you feed 2 times a day?
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    If it's a frothy yellow vomit it's usually from an empty stomache. Is he free fed or do you feed 2 times a day?
    we feed him 2 times a day. sometimes he eats that much, sometimes he decides he only wants one meal a day. and it's not like this is really something new. it's been going on for a while. he's always just thrown up randomly, but really, it only seems to be in the wee hours of the night...

8. Senior Member
    That is when his tummy is probably empty. Try to give him a little "snack" like a biscuit or some kibble before bed and see if that helps. I know our Boxers will be kinda pucky in the mornings if they don't eat breakfast sometimes.
  9. christymichelle
    poor pup.
  10. All You Need Is Love, And That One True Love
    All You Need Is Love, And That One True Love
    it could be the food. to much corn wheat in it. or too much protien. talk with your vet see what he/she says.