Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: tipping

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

tipping

Advertisements
    if you have a dog that gets groomed, or even taken in for a bath, do you tip the groomer?

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I sure do! I add the tip to my credit card receipt. I give like $5 or so. It's just the same if I were to go to a salon for myself...
  3. Senior Member
    My groomer is awesome! She runs her business out of her house so Wheezer is a lot more comfy going there. She only charges me $25 which is quite a bit less than what Petsmart or somewhere would charge me so I tip her at least $5 every time.
  4. PvtWinkiesgirl
    It is definitely customary and acceptable to tip not only your groomer, but your trainer! (unless, I suppose, you pay the trainer directly). I know our groomers prefer cash or a separate check for them, otherwise it gets put on their paychecks and taxed. I get tips here and there, I don't think people realize that tipping the trainer is accepted or allowed. But I did get a $50 tip on Saturday!
  5. MRussell
    When we ued to take my dog Bandit we would always tip the groomer. Normally like $5 since they were always so good with him.
  6. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    we had a groomer that came to our house, and no I did not tip him, ever. He owned his own business and would charge 100 dollars for our two dogs, one dog only got a bath. I think he was getting enough $ already.
    We don't use him anymore since he severely injured my dog's ear and she ended up with a Staph infection.
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox.love View Post
    we had a groomer that came to our house, and no I did not tip him, ever. He owned his own business and would charge 100 dollars for our two dogs, one dog only got a bath. I think he was getting enough $ already.
    We don't use him anymore since he severely injured my dog's ear and she ended up with a Staph infection.
    holy crap, that's an outragous amount, especially since one only got a bath. poor puppy getting hurt.

i'm just a bather now, but i don't think people realize that it can be hard. especially when they bring in their giant great danes, or, just huge, hard to handle dogs period that i am doing a service, and most of the time you tip for any time of service. if one of the groomers gets a tip, and iw as the one who bathed their dog, i'll get half, and there is this one dog that comes in that me and the other bathers fight over because it'sa $10 tip every time he comes in (and he comes in twice a week!) wish more people out there understood that it's not just a quick bath and i'd appreciate a tip.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hmmm, here no, we took our mix to get groomed twice and they did a CRAPPY job both times weve taken him places...

We do a bathe them yourself thing at our fav store...They supply clippers, dryer towels everything. Its not that hard for us, I worked at a pet resort so I can do it in my sleep...Plus its 15 for the two dogs as opposed to 90 for them both.

I think I would tip if we had a place where the people actually followed the directions or what not...

If you lived here Id tip you seperately though if you bathed my dog...