Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dogs in heat???

1. Senior Member

dogs in heat???

Advertisements
    Ok so we got Brownie in July and the people we got her from told us she was in heat. She wasn't bleeding or anything, but her nipples and her "area" were swollen. Then, in September or October, she went into heat, complete with bleeding and being swollen. Well this morning, I noticed that her "area" and her nipples are swollen again, like she's going into heat. But, she hasn't been bleeding. I read that dogs only go into heat every 6 months or so, so what is going on with her??
  2. ImaLuckyWife
    hey girl i pmed ya
  3. Senior Member
    Unless you are planning on breeding her...you should have her spayed. A heat cycle is usually 21 days...with bleeding in the second week and then she is fertile. Sometimes they continue to bleed sometimes they don't.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Unless you are planning on breeding her...you should have her spayed. A heat cycle is usually 21 days...with bleeding in the second week and then she is fertile. Sometimes they continue to bleed sometimes they don't.
    DH wants to breed her, I don't. So once we come to an agreement, we're going to have her spayed.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MiSSuS AyErS* View Post
    DH wants to breed her, I don't. So once we come to an agreement, we're going to have her spayed.
    I get it....

Some dogs do a really good job at keeping their "area" licked clean so you don't notice it too much..
  6. Senior Member
    What kind of dog is she? If you want to convince your DH not to breed her, le himknow the costs involved in testing for genetic diseases, if she has to have a C-section instead of the natural birth, dew claw removal of all puppies, first shots, puppy food, the stress of birth on Brownie, what will he do with the puppies that don't sell, the cost of registering them with the AKC...etc.

Sorry...I don't mean to rant, but I am really against breeding unless you really know what your doing. There are SO many unwanted dogs and BYB out there already.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    What kind of dog is she? If you want to convince your DH not to breed her, le himknow the costs involved in testing for genetic diseases, if she has to have a C-section instead of the natural birth, dew claw removal of all puppies, first shots, puppy food, the stress of birth on Brownie, what will he do with the puppies that don't sell, the cost of registering them with the AKC...etc.

Sorry...I don't mean to rant, but I am really against breeding unless you really know what your doing. There are SO many unwanted dogs and BYB out there already.
    I'm against breeding too simply because there are so many dogs that need homes, especially pits (which is what we have.) He wants to breed her because he wants to see what kinda pups we can get from her. So, I'm trying to talk him out of it because I definately don't think it's a good idea.
  8. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I'm sorry..that was too funny!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet_starlet0 View Post
    I'm sorry..that was too funny!
    I'm laughing, yet I don't know why it's funny!!!
  10. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I'm laughing, yet I don't know why it's funny!!!
    You said that "once we come to an agreement, we will get her spayed".. That makes it sounds as if the "agreement" means - you are going to do it YOUR way, because he wouldn't want her spayed. It's just funny...because it's not an "agreement" it is "you convincing him what to do" Make sense?

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast