Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Worried About Bella...

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Sad I'm Worried About Bella...

Advertisements
    I don't know what is wrong with her...
    When we first got her last Wed she was fine... happy and eat great, slept with us, played... She would always act like she had a hairball which I guess is normal for a cat. Well, we got the hairball shampoo bathed her and brush her to keep off the excess hair. Well, the past few days she has went really down hill... She is very lethargic,sleeps all the time, won't come out from under the bed or on the couch. She barely eats but thank God is drinking her water. The hacking has got worse and now she is weezing like she can't breathe. Then this morning she came out from under my bed and was drinking water and it sounded terrible. Then she got on my bed and looked so pitiful. I mean like death. Her eyes are matted and running and swollen and red. Her nose is running and looks clogged and I never see her stand for very long. She tries to pur but it seems so struggled. She had her mouth open a bit ago and I was terrified she was gonna die... I don't understand. Is she allergic to humans?? I know that sounds stupid. We have nothing in our house perfumy, no real tree, no nada... She hasnt' got into anything. I am so scared. We dont' really have tons of extra money to take her to the vet to get tons of stuff done and I have only had her 1 week!!!! She was FINE! She has just had ALL her vaccines a week ago too... I called the vet where we got here in PetsMart (Banfield) and they can see her at 3:30 but they said if its just an upper respitory they would give her antibiotics and cough syrup and we are looking at about $80... thats alot of money for us especially this time of year... God I don't know what to do... Guess take her and hope for the best with the holidays.... Any advice or vet knowledge out there for me??
    Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    You need to take her in. Banfield is about one of the most EXPENSIVE hospitals there is unless you have their insurance. Do you have a humane society around that may have a low cost clinic?

Banfield here is about 10x's the cost of my regular outside vet. Don't wait on this...she needs to be seen. It could be a URI or it could be something worse.

Did you adopt her from a shelter? If you did, call them, they may take her back and treat her.
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    We got her from PetsMart and she was treated by Banfield... we were going to get the pet insurance after Christmas for her but I guess it all happened soo fast we never thought this would happen. Never dealt with it before with my other animals I adpted from a shelter or Petsmart
  4. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Sounds like she has an Upper Respiratory Infection, or something similiar along those lines. Unfortunately when you first get a pet, most likely they are going to develop some sort of illness, especially if you adopted them from an animal shelter. Its probable that she already had the problem but wasn't exhibiting any symptoms yet.

Did I ever tell you ALL the f'in problems that our dog had when we first got him?!?!? OMG, it was freaking CRAZY! The dog was sick for over a month!

If you need to, ask the Vet if you can pay the bill in a few monthly payments, like $25 a month till its paid off or something like that.

I hope she feels better soon. Its so heartbreaking when they get sick!
  5. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    I wouldn't take her back to Banfield again. It sounds like she could either have a UTI or upper respiratory infection. Poor baby . I would call another vet and get in her seen asap.
  6. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    The only thing I can suggest is to take her to the vet as soon as you can. I know that money is tight. I am in the same boat as you. More than once I've taken our cat to the vet and sacrificed a few meals and debt payments for him to be healthy afterwards. It's definitely worth it to know what's wrong with her!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

7. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Yea they said the cost of getting seen is $35 then if its a URI they would give her cough meds and antibiotics which would boost it between $65-80 I know vets are crazy expensive though... but dang $80 at Christmas is alot
  8. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    I think I will call her localy and ask them what their starting fees are...
    Thanks Girls. I love my baby and I can't stand seeing her sick
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hope you get something figured out She really needs to see a vet.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Could be an upper resp infection. But what type of product is it you used? Brand, etc.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast