Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Inexpensive beds for BIG dawgs

1. PvtWinkiesgirl

Inexpensive beds for BIG dawgs

Advertisements
    I've done this for a while and thought I'd share, since big dog beds are SO expensive.

A really cheap crib mattress from walmart or Kmart works great!! I got one on clearance for $25 a while back. Super easy to clean, just wipe it down, and you just by a crib sheet that matches your furniture. Awesome for older dogs and dogs with joint problems, much more supportive that a $80 foam dog pillows at Petsmart, anmd they last SO much longer and don't go flat.

2. Senior Member
    I never thought about using a crib mattress!! We gave Brownie some old pillows and then a blanket on top of it, but she would rather sleep on the bed with us!
  3. ImaLuckyWife
    thats a awesome idea! we cant keep my dog off of our bed, he wakes up in the middle of us, and when i fall asleep on the couch or my husband does he is in between my legs hes a sneak
  4. All You Need Is Love, And That One True Love
    All You Need Is Love, And That One True Love
    my one dane took over my recliner and my other is taking over my love seat. both have beds though i know people that use futon mattresses
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    my dog sleeps in a crate at night. I just make him really big pillow with fabric that I find on clearance, sew it and stuff it with pillow stuffing. Usually ends up costing about 5 or 6 bucks.