Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about cats........

1. Kristin

Question about cats........

Advertisements
    I REALLLLLLY want to get one for Elizabeth, she wants one sooo bad but Ethan is allergic. Would it be ok to get one even of he's allergic, I'm a clean freak, I vaccuum twice a day, also, is there a breed out there that is hypoallergenic like some breeds of dogs?
  2. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    There are cats that have less dander.. also, it's possible that he will not be allergic(or as allergic) as he gets used to the cat. My siblings are highly allergic to cats, but not our cats. It's strange! I've heard many similar stories as well.

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  3. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    I'm reeeeeeeally allergic, but I love my cats so much that I take 2 allergy pills a day.

When I was growing up, my allergist wanted to put me in a bubble. Every week when I went in to get my allergy shots (4), my mom would prep me... "No you don't have a kitty. No you don't have stuffed animals. No you don't sleep with a comforter."

ANYHOW - I'm not that bad anymore, but I'm still bad. (No Bubble-Britt here!)

There are cats (the hairless ones) that are ok, but they're kind of miserable looking. It really doesn't matter how much you clean and vaccuum and whathaveyou ... it's in the cat dander and that sticks to everything.

If you do get one ... make sure it can't go into Ethan's room. If Ethan plays with it, make sure he IMMEDIATELY washes his hands.

Good luck!
  4. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    I found a site that says use a HEPA filter in your vaccuum. Get an air purifyer. And Female cats have less dander than males, it has something to do with testosterone levels. So, Lizzy gets a girl kitten.
  5. Senior Member
    ha ha ... she said bubble britt

AMERICA RULES !!!
  6. Kristin
    Hmmmm.....now how do I talk dh into this one???? He's not a cat kinda guy
  7. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    Oh that's easy. Just bring it home. He'll adjust.
  8. Kristin
    OMG he would kill me LOL
  9. Senior Member
    Thats what I would do lol
  10. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    My Dad hates, hates, hates animals. ()

On Christmas Eve, it was FREEZING in IL. I found this kitten sitting on a bale of hay in the barn. He was just shiverin' away. So, I brought him home.

I'll never forget it ... My Nana told my dad when he got home that we had a guest for the night. My dad didn't really say much. About an hour later, Cooper Kitty came strolling around the corner, checking out his new digs and my dad casually stopped and said ... "What is that?" And my nana said... "Our guest..."

It could've been a huge, ugly blow out, but Dad just resigned himself to the fact that *I* had a new kitten.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast