Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Snot-dripping cats

1. Senior Member

Snot-dripping cats

Advertisements
    Both of my cats have snot literally dripping from their noses. They've had it ever since we've got them. The only time it's really bad is right before they go to sleep. And I swear, these damn puddles they leave on me are really irritating me and gross!! Is there anything I can do so they stop snotting puddles all over me?????
  2. Senior Member
    Have you mentioned this to your vet yet? I don't know much about cats but my dad and stepmom had a cat that actually had allergies.
  3. Senior Member
    We haven't taken them to the vet. I know we need to, but we want to get them fixed and we just don't have the money for it yet. I'm not sure if it's allergies because they just turned 9 months old yesterday and we've had them since they were 6 weeks and they've done it since.
  4. Senior Member
    If you take them to a vet there in Fallon, I really like the vet on Allen Rd right next to the post office. I can't think of the name right now since it's been so long since I've been there, but they are SO nice!!
  5. Senior Member
    We took one of our cats there when she was throwing up blood and they said it wasn't an emergency, so we don't really feel comfortable taking them there.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MiSSuS AyErS* View Post
    We took one of our cats there when she was throwing up blood and they said it wasn't an emergency, so we don't really feel comfortable taking them there.
    Wow! Maybe they've changed since we've been there last (It was about 3 years ago). Sorry you had a bad experience with them I hope you find out what's wrong with your poor kitties!
  7. Senior Member
    I've heard good and bad things about them, but since they said that, we're not gonna go there. Thanks tho!! I don't think the snot dripping bothers them..they still act "normal" whatever that is..
  8. Shia
    Cats get sick very easily. Have they been coughing? It could be an upper respitory(sp) infection. A lot of the cats at the Shelter have them.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shia View Post
    Cats get sick very easily. Have they been coughing? It could be an upper respitory(sp) infection. A lot of the cats at the Shelter have them.
    No, they haven't been coughing at all. Is it normal for them to be doing it for 9 months??
  10. Shia
    I don't believe so. Some of our cats have been getting them off and on for almost a year now. Like I said, cats can get sick very easily.