Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAHA The puppy is scared of everything!

1. ProudNavyWife23

HAHA The puppy is scared of everything!

Advertisements
    OMG this is so funny. Our little puppy I swear is scared of everything. Earlier when Dh and I were walking the dogs he passed a pumpkin and the dog freaked out and started growling and barking at it and running behind my legs. HAHA. It was so funny but cute. Right now he is barking at the handle that controls the height of the computer chair. I don't know what he thinks it is but it is to funny. Then the other day I was holding him and he saw his reflection in the bathroom mirror and he freaked again this time he tried to run into my shirt haha. He is so cute and so funny the discovering pup! hehe! I just had to share all this I thought it was funny!
  2. Senior Member
    That's hilarious. You totally should get some videotape of this and send it to The Planet's funniest animals!
  3. PvtWinkiesgirl
    I'm so sorry, but I have to place devil's advocate here, I'm a dog trainer its my job. I'm probably going to overstep my bounds, and I'm asking for your forgiveness in advance.

It really isnt funny. Fearfulness of random objects/noises/people is often the first sign of a host of other behavioral problems that come later in life. How unhappy would you be if everytime you left your house, something terrified you? A confident dog is a happy dog. Enroll the little one in some firm, no coddling, common sense training and show the world isnt out to get her, its really what she needs. I can't tell you how much I work I have to undo from people who go too far with thinking its funny, kids (even adults) scaring the dog on purpose for a laugh. The poor dogs are neurotic and afraid of their own shadows. Not that I think thats what your doing, its just why I have a sore spot for it.

sorrysorrysorry I had to.
  4. Senior Member
    That is hilarious! poor Casper!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PvtWinkiesgirl View Post
    It really isnt funny. Fearfulness of random objects/noises/people is often the first sign of a host of other behavioral problems that come later in life. How unhappy would you be if everytime you left your house, something terrified you? A confident dog is a happy dog. Enroll the little one in some firm, no coddling, common sense training and show the world isnt out to get her, its really what she needs. I can't tell you how much I work I have to undo from people who go too far with thinking its funny, kids (even adults) scaring the dog on purpose for a laugh. The poor dogs are neurotic and afraid of their own shadows. Not that I think thats what your doing, its just why I have a sore spot for it.

I understand you're a dog trainer, but i have to say something about this. my dog was scared of lots of things when he first came to our house. probably part of it was not understanding his surroundings and that this was his new home (he was adopted). but he eventually got over almost all of it. but i'm not going to stop vacuuming because my dog is scared of it still. i used an umbrella if it was raining, didn't go out of my way to walk around motorcycles and walked him in the dark or the rain. my dog isn't scared of these things anymore. and i will say i did think it was funny and did laugh, but i also wanted to show him that these things are nothing to be afraid of. education works even for dogs.
  6. ProudNavyWife23
    Quote Originally Posted by PvtWinkiesgirl View Post
    I'm so sorry, but I have to place devil's advocate here, I'm a dog trainer its my job. I'm probably going to overstep my bounds, and I'm asking for your forgiveness in advance.

sorrysorrysorry I had to.

Look, my puppy for one is only 11 weeks old. He hasnt been here a week yet. HE is still getting used to things. The same stuff he is going through my other dog went through but he grew out of that really fast. Oh and I DO NOT scare my dog on purpose.
  7. PvtWinkiesgirl
    Oh, I understand, thats why I said I wasn't saying you were doing it on purpose, I don't think you are at all. If you've seen what I've seen from when a puppy is let go you'd understand why I can't help speaking up. I've even seen owners do everything right and have someone like a dog walker or obnoxious neighbor kids undo it. I didn't mean to come off harsh with my usual spiel, and I'm sorry if I did, I just deal with sooooo many people that don't understand how important imprinting really is. Seeing puppies start off on the right track makes me happy. I knew I'd come off like an ass, but I love happy, well adjusted puppies.
  8. Senior Member
    My dog used to be afraid of leaves, but he's an outside dog now so he doesn't have much choice to not be afraid. There was a big branch in my neighbor's yard for a few weeks that he would bark at occasionally though!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

awwwwwwwwwww-poor little guy
  10. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

my schipperke is like that, afraid of everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast