vet issues

Advertisements
    November 3, 2006

Highland Knolls Veterinary Hospital
    20920 Highland Knolls
    Katy, Texas 77450

Re: ******** Pets

To Whom It May Concern:

I want to follow up on our most recent visit to your hospital. Last Friday we brought the two cats (Mickey and Olivia) and dog (Aries) in to be groomed as we were having our house treated for fleas. (This is the first time in 9 years that we have had a flea problem, brought in by Aries.)

Both my granddaughter and I were there when we were told that “there would be no fleas on them” when they left your office so it was important to make sure we had the house and all their bedding, etc. treated. This is what we had done. In fact, we threw away Aries’ bed and blankets. All chair covers were thoroughly washed and dried. I had a cleaning service in as well and the whole house was “spring-cleaned” that same day.

That very same night (Friday) we saw fleas on Mickey and both cats started scratching as soon as we let them out of their carriers. Aries is scratching and licking his butt area just as badly as he did before any treatment.

While we are more than satisfied with your medical treatment, I do believe that the fleas we are encountering came from your facility. Aries NEVER had fleas before he began to be treated at the hospital, and the cats never had any flea infestation either. After spending over $300 for them to be groomed and “de-fleaed” last week, I feel it was a total waste of money. In fact, both cats were groomed just a short time ago and still came home with fleas.

I will continue using the Advantage and Revolution and hope that this cycle of fleas will end soon.

Yours truly,

that's the letter we are sending them. to make a long story short our dog came home from the vet awhile back with a shitton of fleas and it just got worse as they breeded, gave them to the cats which caused them to multiply on them. the above letter explains it pretty good.
  2. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Thats a good letter!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my grandma is faxing it to them now
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You do know that, while you get them treated for fleas, and that you may have had your house "spring" cleaned they can still live in the carpet and the carriers that you had them in. If you have a bad flea problem then you should ask your vet for Capstar. It kills them instantly. I see this everyday with clients and its not our fault. You should also buy a flea collar, cut it up and put it in your vaccum so when you vaccum it kills them too!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we had it pest/flea bombed too. she forgot to say that lemme tell her thanks for making me notice that
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we did put that we treated the entire house for fleas
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    But its not your vets office fault that you can not get rid of them, do you get what Im saying? we dont have a magical solution
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Did you treat your yards too?? Flea problems should be treated there too..

Also, flea eggs live for up to a year.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it is our vets fault that they got them in the first place..they never had them until they started going there. and if they had guaranteed us that they wouldn't have them and then they did they are at fault
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Im sorry but I work in this field and everyone always wants to blame everything on the offices...If your dog goes outside in a yard or for a walk, they can get the fleas...I think unless you know that there are fleas in that hospital, its going to be hard to prove that. I think that if someone blamed me for their flea problems then so be it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast