Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: bad kitty...still

1. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

bad kitty...still

Advertisements
    every week it's a new bad habit with charlie! i've tried spraying him with water...it works but only for about 5 second, then he's right there, doing it again! right now he keeps jumping on the counters & knocking my glasses over (and he's broken one). PLEASE HELP! how do i get him to stop????? it makes me so angry! i can't even relax when i eat cause i am constantly having to get up and get him off the counter.
  2. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    OOh. I dont know what to say if the spray bottle doesnt seem to help. BUT, I am sorry your going through it.
    Dont you HATE having a LOVE/Hate relationship with your animals? I got one of my own problems .
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  3. PvtWinkiesgirl
    Try putting a little vinegar or lemon juice in the water. I know it sounds mean, but it's a last resort. Have you tried the can of pennies? I hate that method with dogs, but cats have a kind of different mentality.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Put foil on the counters. I know that's a pain, but hopefully it will scare him enough to not get up there anymore.

A can of pennies is a good idea too. They hate loud noises.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have always just kept up with the spray bottle. Took my cats forever to figure it out. But now, they dont even think about getting on the counters. They would be mid jump and I would spray. You just have to keep at it. They are just like kids..... sometimes you have to tell them over and over and over before they get a clue! good luck!
  6. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    ah, yes, the love/hate relationship....
    well, i tried the pennies in the can and...i got to eat HALF my dinner in peace!!! (oh lord, i just heard a crash....) progress...!?
  7. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    try getting a metal bowl or a set of keys and throwing them on the ground near the cat while he's doing something wrong.. it'll scare him enough and if you keep doing it when he does what he's not supposed to he'll associate those sounds with the bad behavior and stop. I was watching Martha today and that's one of the tricks they said to keep a dog from eating off the table! Pretty neat to me!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
    Put foil on the counters. I know that's a pain, but hopefully it will scare him enough to not get up there anymore.
    I had to do that with some cats back home that would try to eat my fish. It was a pain in the ass, but it worked great!
  9. Cherrish
    With cats, it's hard. You have to constantly keep at it.
    When Clover was a kitten, she used to constantly get into stuff and jump up on the counters. I was living with my mom at the time, and she wasn't going to tolerate my cat jumping up on the counters.
    So....everytime she jumped up on something she wasn't supposed to be on, I just knocked her off.
    Now she doesn't even think about it jumping up on counters or tables....ANY tables.

Water works, and so does double-sided tape...they hate the way it feels.