Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New Puppy

1. In love with a Cowboy
    In love with a Cowboy

New Puppy

Advertisements
    Hi very one. I hope you all are doing good. I got a lab puppy about 3 months ago. So my puppy and hubby have never meet. What I would like to know is what is the to make sure the puppy will not got to upset with meeting my hubby. Yes he has been around other but mostly my kids and some of my friends all weman. So I don't know how he will act around men. Thanks
    Retiring very soon.
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    introduce them and all and then at night or even during the day i would give him/her a shirt or something that smells like your hubby and let him/her just have it. They will get used to the smell and know that he is part of the household!! HTH!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    I would just take it slow. See if the puppy goes towards SO and see what happens. I don't really know what else.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    whenever introducing someone/something new to a puppy, or any dog for that matter, you should take the dog on a LONG walk. it's good bonding time for the two of you, and that way when your hubby and puppy are introduced, the puppy isn't super excited and full of energy to begin with. the pup will be in a calmer state of mind when he meets your hubby. just make sure that when your hubby comes home and sees the dog, he doesn't overreact with "oh my god you're so cute!" and gettin' the puppy all excited and whatnot.

anyway, this is all thanks to Ceaser Milan--the dog whisperer. there's a whole section in his book talking about introducing new people/animals into dogs lives. (oh yeah, i'm totally obsessed with dogs and Ceaser! )

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    whenever introducing someone/something new to a puppy, or any dog for that matter, you should take the dog on a LONG walk. it's good bonding time for the two of you, and that way when your hubby and puppy are introduced, the puppy isn't super excited and full of energy to begin with. the pup will be in a calmer state of mind when he meets your hubby. just make sure that when your hubby comes home and sees the dog, he doesn't overreact with "oh my god you're so cute!" and gettin' the puppy all excited and whatnot.
    Definitely exercise the pup first and make sure he's peed all the way (you don't want any excited accidents on the floor!). Make sure you husband stays calm. Let the puppy sniff him while he stands there. Then he should sit or kneel to be more on his level and then he can pet him. Go by your pet's reaction too, he might be fine because your husband's smell is probably all around the house anyway (even if it's been a while - that doesn't go away for a dog's nose).